Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Line Splitter Installed

• 27-10-2005 1:17pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,262 ✭✭✭

Hi People,

I'm looking at getting BB installed for my parents. However, a while ago, they had a second phone line installed for a granny flat out the back. Eircom seem to have split the original line coming into the house into two lines. There's a grey box inside the door which is doing the splitting - I assume it's frequency multiplexing to get two effective lines from one.

This seems to rule out DSL BB. Their line fails the eircom test, but the neighbours pass - so it's safe to assume the line splitter is the problem.

If my parents are paying two line rental charges, should they be entitled to two standard lines of standard quality - each capable of DSL?

If DSL isn't possible - it seems the only options is IBB?!?!!!? Ahhhh!!!! They live in Bray and Clearwire don't serve us. My folks don't have an NTL connection so that's not an option either!

Anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks

Advertisement