Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

thinking of getting BF2

Options
  • 27-10-2005 1:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 26,574 ✭✭✭✭

just a quick post (tried searching but it is disabled at the moment).

where's the cheapest place to buy BF2?

will it run on this spec and if so how well?

p4 3.0ghz 800mhz
    1gig twinmos ddr400 ram
    128mb ati 9800pro
    audigy 2

thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Xtra Vision have it for 40, not sure where else would do it cheaper really.

Your spec should be fine, not sure how a 9800pro handles the game, should do medium in any case...the great thing about bf2 is unlike older games it still looks pretty decent on older cards

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,613 ✭✭✭Big Nelly

Bloke on disks for sale was selling one earlier on!!

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=316871

Specs you have are more or less same as mine but Im running Athlone.....runs fine on mine.....just waiting to get Metro sorted and throw out Utv and I will be flying!!

• Registered Users Posts: 26,574 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

so i should be able to at least play the game with that spec. i was thinking of getting a laptop for college too (acer ferrari4000)

spec here

would this run it just aswell?

i'm not really pushed if it doesn't but it would be an added bonus.

Cremo wrote:
    so i should be able to at least play the game with that spec. i was thinking of getting a laptop for college too (acer ferrari4000)

spec here

would this run it just aswell?

i'm not really pushed if it doesn't but it would be an added bonus.

Yeah you will play no probs with that spec on desktop!! I have everything set to medium....dont really notice any difference between it and high....but havent played much on high!!!

Not sure about laptop! everything looks ok but Im not great on laptop vid card....vid card is the big thing with a laptop!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,175 ✭✭✭Ratchet

pcworld 39.99

• Advertisement

Ratchet wrote:
    pcworld 39.99
    xtra-vision it is so,

1. closer to me.
    2. not absolute pricks like pcworld.

although that's a nice price for pcworld :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 686 ✭✭✭The Troll

I've a dell 8400, 1GB RAM, 3.0 GHz processor, 128MB integrated Graphics card?

Should be ok?

The Troll wrote:

Should be ok?

Whats the graphics card?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,485 ✭✭✭Berns

maybe try play.co.uk. cant remember price but usually good :-)

£27.99 which is €41 euros or using plays euro convertor €44.99

that's really odd that's like the first time i've seen something more expensive on play.

• Advertisement

Cremo wrote:
    £27.99 which is €41 euros or using plays euro convertor €44.99

that's really odd that's like the first time i've seen something more expensive on play.

Well I bought on day of release from Smyths with a fiver off...mate ordered from play about 8-10 months before release...said it was being sent a week before release.....2 weeks after release it arrived....everyone else that ordered from play I know had same problem....ended up what he paided was only a euro or so cheaper if anything!! and he had 2 weeks without the game!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 345 ✭✭starman100

CD-WOW (UK) have it for £20.49, can be had for £19.99 if you have
    a 50p voucher (comes out €29.40 on XE.com)

http://www5.cd-wow.com/searchresults.php?searchfield=battlefield+2

3-CD version rather than DVD but should be fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭irlrobins

The Troll wrote:

Should be ok?

I have a Dell 8400, 2Gb RAM, 3.4 P4 and a x800XT and have all the settings set to high and it looks and runs great.

So I reckon you'll def be able to run it at medium with no probs, given that I have a better graphics card and more RAM. I think the weak point in ur systme is prob the integrated card.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,994 ✭✭✭ambro25

It'll depend upon whether your integrated card supports DirectX9, really - plus what impact the main RAM it grabs has on loading times, but that should be it :)

To the OP, AMD64 3k/1GB 2700 RAM and 9700 Pro 128MB here, runs mint with everything medium or high but with all dynamic stuff (lights, shadows) low or off. You should be fine - tbh, get playing online and I guarantee you'll not have time for the eye candy anyway :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,997 ✭✭✭jaggeh

smyths is the cheapest B&M shop to buy it from 35 quid with a loyalty card.

but if you dont have one try and buy it off the girl called gemma as she always just uses her own card :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 686 ✭✭✭The Troll

Big Nelly wrote:
    Whats the graphics card?

Note my Graphics card is a Radeon X300 128MB

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 449 ✭✭Airblazer

not a hope..you'd be lucky to play solitaire on that Troll..actually the dim8400 don't come with integrated graphics so the card you have is an pci-e X300SE....upgrade to a 6800GT or X800 for about 200 euros..otherwise no dice

• Registered Users Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭irlrobins

you might find one going on the For Sale forum

Advertisement