Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

'Post emails' question

• 20-09-2001 3:39pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 258 ✭✭

Love the new improved "post reply" form - but one question.

I posted a query, and checked the "email you when someone replies" box. Then I replied to a reply, and this was un-checked: should I re-check it, or will that get me doubles?

Confused, here. Elucidation, please.
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

I've had the same...

it won't cause doubles, it's just probably that you've got it set to "off" as default, so each time you go to the post message/reply screen it's off and you'll have to check the box just to keep it on.

.....AFAIK..... ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭Mountjoy Mugger

You could of course modify your profile if you want it to be set to on automatically.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,446 ✭✭✭✭amp

You could, or you could go out and get drunk.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 tubedogg

Originally posted by Bard
    it won't cause doubles, it's just probably that you've got it set to "off" as default, so each time you go to the post message/reply screen it's off and you'll have to check the box just to keep it on.
    Correct, except for the last bit - if the box isn't checked, it does nothing (it does not delete an email notification that is already there, it just skips that whole section of the code).

Advertisement