Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish Broadband are s**t

• 27-10-2005 1:57pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,362 ✭✭✭

I got IBB installed for my brother last week (rip wave 512k -, got it set up last night, checked the speeds 92k download and 21k upload, then at 10pm last night it went of line he called thiem this morning and they advised that they will be down for 5 days for repairs.

what the hell is going on with this company

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭beller b

Tell us something we don't know. The only excuse you have for even ordering that crap is the search been down. Read the rest of the Broadband threads FFS..Anyone who post here regularly & still insists on getting IBB deserves all they get.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭ballooba

I've finally had enough of them after c. 18 months. I have a lot more options than I had when i ordered it. The last resort of which is Clearwire. I will take great pleasure in telling IBB where to shove their Rip(Off)Wave modem, if and when I get my Eircom setup.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,204 ✭✭✭Tazz T

I'm considering Clearwire myself. I hear good reports -still a bit pricey though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,265 ✭✭✭RangeR

beller b wrote:
    Tell us something we don't know. The only excuse you have for even ordering that crap is the search been down. Read the rest of the Broadband threads FFS..Anyone who post here regularly & still insists on getting IBB deserves all they get.

I would tend to agree but more harshly. The Search maybe disabled but the GOOGLE search on this site isn't. A 2 minute IBB or RIPWAVE search would have been enough. You only have yourself to blame. Worst case, you lose the first months money and count yourself lucky that you didn't go for their breeze products. A year ago, even an IBB sales person advised me against Ripwave. It is not under contract. Send it back.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,042 ✭✭✭spooky donkey

I told my brother how bad they are and he is getting them in tomorrow. He knows what to expect but he has no other choice where he is living atm.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 79 ✭✭sisyphus

I got IBB installed for my brother last week (rip wave 512k -, got it set up last night, checked the speeds 92k download and 21k upload, then at 10pm last night it went of line he called thiem this morning and they advised that they will be down for 5 days for repairs.

what the hell is going on with this company
    Well, they are doing major upgrades all this week on their Navini sectors, and are also updating each modem's software version, which should improve things a bit. Performance is prolly gonna go to ****e until all this is finished.
    They sent a mass email out about this, but I guess everyone didn't get it...... as Rudger Hauer said to Christian Bale in Batman Begins, "Didn't you get the memo?!!"

Well my brother got his IBB breeze in D14 today and its running great for him. Pings of 10 uploads of 150k downloads of 200k. I wonder how long this will last for him and it makes ya wonder do they reserver bandwith for new customers to keep em sweet for a while. Will keep ya informed as soon as he gets some problems. I wonder how long it will take?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,235 ✭✭✭lucernarian

Originally posted by spooky donkey
    Well my brother got his IBB breeze in D14 today and its running great for him. Pings of 10 uploads of 150k downloads of 200k. I wonder how long this will last for him and it makes ya wonder do they reserver bandwith for new customers to keep em sweet for a while. Will keep ya informed as soon as he gets some problems. I wonder how long it will take?
    Your brother went for IBB despite your battles with the company?? You did make him aware that there were "issues" with the company? Hope the service goes well for your brother

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,204 ✭✭✭Tazz T

Completely ususable tonight. it's taking ages just to post this message. Getting under 4kb. I'm going away for the weekend, if it ain't fixed when I come back they're going away forever.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭OFDM

sisyphus wrote:
    as Rudger Hauer said to Christian Bale in Batman Begins, "Didn't you get the memo?!!"
    I think he actually said it to Morgan Freeman, but the point is correct, I wouldn't trust IBB to get anything right.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭Maskhadov

how many Irish Broadband threads are there ? astronomical. It has to be the worst Broadband ISP in Ireland without a doubt.
    STAY AWAY

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,720 ✭✭✭Hal1

It is a farse, speeds are nowhere near what they should be, and this has been the case for over a month now. Siac :(

• Registered Users Posts: 231 ✭✭aubhall

Try a gogle search for Irish Broadband on boards.ie and here is what you get

Results 1 - 10 of about 77,000 from boards.ie for Irish Broadband. (0.16 seconds)

http://www.google.ie/search?as_q=Irish+Broadband&num=10&hl=en&btnG=Google+Search&as_epq=&as_oq=&as_eq=&lr=&as_ft=i&as_filetype=&as_qdr=all&as_occt=any&as_dt=i&as_sitesearch=boards.ie&safe=images

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,942 ✭✭✭Mac daddy

I'm on the same boat stuck with IBB for now,

Hopefully moving to clearwire soon can't bloody wait the reports about them so far seem quite good.

Anything is better then Ibb!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,479 ✭✭✭✭philologos

wouldnt you not be considering to get a wired alternative lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭Maskhadov

Irish broadband is a nightmare, there are hundreds of pages complaining about them. They should be sued for trading under the name broadband seeing that the speeds they get are more like a suped up modem.

to_be_confirmed wrote: Your brother went for IBB despite your battles with the company?? You did make him aware that there were "issues" with the company? Hope the service goes well for your brother

Yeah I warned him and he told IBB when it was getting installed the first sign of trouble he is stopping his DD. He mentioned he read how bad they were on this board when he was on to the sales team. He had little other choice but to go with IBB, I think this is true of most people who are still with them. But more choice is comming real soon for a lot of us then IBB will be in real trouble.

Advertisement