Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FAO Micro RE: ban from comp forum

Options
  • 27-10-2005 1:59pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 686 ✭✭✭

Can you please lift this ban.

The reason I won't pay Dell money for an XP disc is that they are rip-off merchants. Buying a second hand one on the boards forums makes far more sense than buying brand new off Dell.

Therefore can you please lift the ban you put on me for no apparent reason, other than stating that I wouldn't buy a new OS disc off Dell.

Thx.
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

have you sent him a PM?
    that is your first step before posting threads on here

• Closed Accounts Posts: 686 ✭✭✭The Troll

I never even received a pm from him to tell me i was banned. I thought that was standard practice?

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

The Troll wrote:
    I never even received a pm from him to tell me i was banned. I thought that was standard practice?
    Not necessarily if the reason for banning is obvious, like stupidity or spamming. Link to the thread.

And i dont know his exact username so cant find him in the member list

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

And there's also his username. PM him. You were banned for trying to get a copy of a CD. Locked.

As you can see by my history I'm an active member in the computers forum and have never had any trouble there before with any of my posts.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

His name is spelled MiCr0, which will help you to send a PM.

You appear to be making it clear in that thread that yoiu started that you want to '"buy" a copy' from someone (which goes against the ban on warez assuming that's what you meant, see later) as well as not bothering your ass to post in the correct forum either. The second is less important but given that you had a chance to correct what you meant by "copy" and didn't take it, what the hell do you expect the mod to do? Hold you by the pinkie and ask you if you'd like a few copies of Photoshop CS2? Or if that's not what you meant, you've got a second chance to make that a little more clear now, though it's still up to MiCr0 to interpret the odds of this being true or not.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement