Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

So What Car ya Got...56k Beware...

Options
  • 27-10-2005 2:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,659 ✭✭✭

So People what cars have ye got/Mods done etc.......Also Post Some Pics if ya have some...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,545 ✭✭✭Green_Martian

I have a Pug 206:

Exterior:

Fully Body Kit (Except spoiler)
    Have the Mirrors sprayed the same colour of the car (Moonstone Blue)
    17" Wolfrace Shadow Chrome Alloys
    Under Neon lights (Blue)
    Scorpion Sports back box
    Half mirror tints (Blue mirror with it fading into to Black)
    Lexus lights
    Partially debadged (Rear of car)

Interior:

Blue leds under driver and pasg footwells
    Graffio Gear Knob (Blue and silver)
    Leather Blue azure gear gather
    Alloy handbrake handle
    Have sprayed air vents silver
    New radio

• Registered Users Posts: 257 ✭✭t5pwr

Stick up a pic or 2 also...

• Registered Users Posts: 10,210 ✭✭✭✭JohnCleary

This :)

photo5.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭bp_me

phase 1 manual (rare) toyota sera.
    Apologies for the poor quality of the photo...it was taken with a phone.

Specs...
    As factory but
    - Pioneer h/u
    - Alarm, Immobiliser and Central Locking
    - Full respray in original colour but with T-Bar and pillar sprayed body colour instead of Black.
    - Partially debadged.
    - Philips High brightness H1 bulbs

22-10-05_1531resize.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 5,398 ✭✭✭ando

Gkelly2002 wrote:
    I have a Pug 206:

any pics ?

• Advertisement

I will try and post a pic later when i get home as i don't have any in work

Are those doors standard bp_me or did you get a lambo conversion? Dont think I've ever seen a Sera before

ando wrote:
    Are those doors standard bp_me or did you get a lambo conversion? Dont think I've ever seen a Sera before

The are standard...and the technical term is dihedral doors as part of the roof lifts with them....for the sake of simplicity I usually tell people lambo doors.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 473 ✭✭528i

I've got a nova with 2.0l red top gsxri transplant that hasn't been disclosed to my insurance company. It's a savage (on juice coz is running way too rich) and's been slammed (not against a wall) and kitted out with led christmas tree decorations and recycled tinfoil from argos cause they was on sale for half price. I taped the headlights with masking tape for that badass Jackie-Chan look and lower my seat 6" so all drivers would see is my 'cruizers aint grime' head cap and f-you hand gestures out the window. The car has been estimated (judging by the way it sounds at 6250rpm while stationary) at around 375bhp by a friend who took photographs of it for an internet site, and has tonnes of previous experience with cleaning rolling roads where 600bhp skylines have been, and is serving his time as an apprentice with nissan so knows his stuff. It's an '81 model with '93 engine and currently on sale (I'm buying a Skyline I saw on telly) for €63,250 ono excluding alloys - 'Rashers' can vouch for this car, No time wasters or test pilots please.

528i wrote:
    I've got a nova with 2.0l red top gsxri transplant that hasn't been disclosed to my insurance company. It's a savage (on juice coz is running way too rich) and's been slammed (not against a wall) and kitted out with led christmas tree decorations and recycled tinfoil from argos cause they was on sale for half price. I taped the headlights with masking tape for that badass Jackie-Chan look and lower my seat 6" so all drivers would see is my 'cruizers aint grime' head cap and f-you hand gestures out the window. The car has been estimated (judging by the way it sounds at 6250rpm while stationary) at around 375bhp by a friend who took photographs of it for an internet site, and has tonnes of previous experience with cleaning rolling roads where 600bhp skylines have been, and is serving his time as an apprentice with nissan so knows his stuff. It's an '81 model with '93 engine and currently on sale (I'm buying a Skyline I saw on telly) for €63,250 ono excluding alloys - 'Rashers' can vouch for this car, No time wasters or test pilots please.

Has it got tinted windows???

• Advertisement

Had to take down the tinted windows by order of the local sergeant who it seems had a report of someone masturbating in the car while I was gone in to mcdonalds. Indecent composure or something, Its was actually rashers, we look the same with skint heads and hes always robbing me ben shermans :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 447 ✭✭siralfalot

this is my baby at the moment, on the right hand side.....

DSCF0007aie.jpg

DSCF0021salf.jpg

lol :D

stop laughing at those lexus lights you bastard :D

Have you a big moo cow box on the back to wake all the neighbours???

528i wrote:

In fairness anyone thats been hanging around the motors forum already knows about your opinion on modified cars.....Is it necessary to come in here and act the Stereotypical eijit.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,451 ✭✭✭blastman

I'd have thought so....... :D

Sorry Bren bud. tell about your debadged toyota then, what happens if you crash & rolled one of those Cyni(?) onto its roof (seriously) and the doors won't open, would an adult fit out those tiny side windows ?

22-10-05_1531resize.jpg
    Form over function I say (assuming the function was to write one off :eek: ;) )

How the hell do you put a pic on this?????????????????

• Registered Users Posts: 3,375 ✭✭✭5500

Hit post reply,then Click the manage attachments tab and insert said picture there

• Advertisement

cheers but it says my attachment is too big

Is there anyway to make the file smaller??

528i wrote:

I was expecting this and I'll allow you to blow off some initial steam but that’s it, no more taking the pi$$

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,956 ✭✭✭layke

car.jpg

1.6i Civic (she started as a 1.4i)
    Stealth straight through Exhaust
    Apexi ECU
    Quick Shift Gearbox
    Type R SOHC clutch
    Front lip, side skirts and rear kit.
    Isoponed boot & moved the License plate to the left.
    850w Kenwood Amp and Box.
    I've added a smaller steering wheel too.
    Angel Eye lamps + eyelids
    Oh and I kept the tinting on the 'lite' side.

I'm kinda running out of things to do with it though :(

[edited size of photo]

• Registered Users Posts: 3,375 ✭✭✭5500

Interior
    Doorcars,roof,A pillars,rear seats and speaker pods recoverd in red leather.
    Red front bucket seats
    Twin carbon gauge holder with vacuum and voltage white/EL gauges
    White reverse glow EL speedo clocks
    Simoni steering wheel
    Type R gear knob
    Dash accents resprayed silver
    Under dash neons

Wheels
    18"DTG spikes

Suspension
    Koni shocks - apex 40mil springs

Engine
    long arm induction kit with tenzo filter and cold air feed
    Full engine grounding kit
    Red honda rocker cover
    Chrome manifold heat shield
    Savage 4" japcut exhaust

Exterior
    Cwest front bumper (plastic)
    Eagle rear bumper
    zero sideskirts (plastic)
    Flushed boot
    chrome angel eye headights with angel eye spots in bumper
    Rear lexus lights
    Full respray in two tone/silver top red bottom
    clear side indicators

Ice
    Sony cdxf 7500 hu
    2pioneer tsw3004spl subs (1000wrms each)
    1 set of pioneer 305c components in front
    1 set of lanzar vxr components in the rear
    2xKicker kx1200.1 sub amps
    jackson xl804 4 channel amp
    Kicker O gauge wiring kit with kicker ANL fuse holders and splitter box's
    2.4 farad power cap
    Uprated 70amp battery and exide yellow top in the boot
    0 gauge alternator cable and grounding
    7inch indash screen with ps2
    Custom bootbuild in red and cream leather with perspex false floor

dm8dxj.jpg

528i wrote:
    Sorry Bren bud. tell about your debadged toyota then, what happens if you crash & rolled one of those Cyni(?) onto its roof (seriously) and the doors won't open, would an adult fit out those tiny side windows ?

Form over function I say (assuming the function was to write one off :eek: ;) )

Partially debadged.....get your facts right.

I'm well aware of the role-over issue. Therefore I have no intention of rolling over the car. In fact this was the reason the car was never officially sold in Europe. It fails EU rollover requirements. I can however fit out the window if necessary (and im not a midget before you say it). Of course if I needed to I would simply open the liftback and crawl out that way. Much simpler.

Apart from the windscreen which is laminated glass, all the other glass in the car is hardend glass which will more than likely shatter in a roll over, or other bad accident. It is a 1991 car which is less well designed in terms of crash protection than cars from only a few years later.

It's not a cynos...its a sera....it shares its dna with the starlet/cynos.

You say form over function....I say a healthy mixture of form and function. The doors open fully in half to 2/3 the space you would need to easily get out of a conventional car.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,180 ✭✭✭Interceptor

bp_me wrote:
    ...its a sera.
    I had a dealer brochure for the Sera somewhere - I picked it up in Japan years ago and I'm sure its in the attic if you want it. Let me know or my kids will sell it on ebay when I'm dead.

'c

I had a dealer brochure for the Sera somewhere - I picked it up in Japan years ago and I'm sure its in the attic if you want it. Let me know or my kids will sell it on ebay when I'm dead.

'c

Appreciate that.....wouldnt be too keen on it myself....some of the lads on www.toyotasera.co.uk would take your arm and all if you offered though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,278 ✭✭✭peterk19

Ive a Peugeot 106 Gti
    totally standard except for a sony Head unit,JBL Speakers front and rear, a set of JBL 6x9's on the parcel Shelf and a Fusion audio Sub in the boot Great little car gonna get rid of it though cause i cant Justify paying the insurance when i only drive it 20 odd milles a week

• Registered Users Posts: 527 ✭✭✭theShire

Here's my baby

My Levin

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,949 ✭✭✭SouperComputer

97 passat. Modded it by removing the wheel trims.

Advertisement