Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

So What Car ya Got...56k Beware...

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,471 ✭✭✭elexes

ye but what about showing the progress

• Registered Users Posts: 10,210 ✭✭✭✭JohnCleary

ando wrote:
    just curious but how much would that aprox cost?

New youd be talkin SERIOUS money, best bet would be to find a written off Evo and rip the back axle off

• Registered Users Posts: 540 ✭✭✭fonda

Sarah** wrote:
    Fonda, your car is hot stuff!

Thanks Sarah I've put a lot of money into it so its nice to hear someone say that:D :D

JohnCleary wrote:
    Its crazy how much money people pump into lancers to make them look like Evos :eek:

Still though... one mod people always forget is the drums at the back :rolleyes:

If i could get insured on an Evo i'd have one so i am stuck with a 1.3 till then

• Registered Users Posts: 3,180 ✭✭✭Interceptor

JohnCleary wrote:
    New youd be talkin SERIOUS money, best bet would be to find a written off Evo and rip the back axle off
    Forgive me for talking out of turn - I've demonstrated that you can't make a silk purse from a sows ear (see my orange Cinq for details) but I can't find any reference to a front-wheel drive only Lancer Evo - they all seem to have permanent four wheel drive and something called 'Active Yaw Control' (which I suspect is the opposite of yawn control).

If this is the case, and I'm not very technical ;) but I suspect it would be easier to sew Colin McRaes arms onto your torso than bolt the brakes from an Evo onto a 1.3 Lancer. If your car has ABS, then the ABS controller might need updating to suit the new waveform from the disc sensors - don't want your ABS coming on all the time now do you? Unless you need discs on the back of your car, I would respectfully suggest you spend your hard-earned cash on other mods first?

'cptr

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,277 ✭✭✭kdevitt

• Registered Users Posts: 3,180 ✭✭✭Interceptor

My bad - but at least I was right about the Evo...

• Registered Users Posts: 531 ✭✭✭Sarah**

fonda wrote:
    Thanks Sarah I've put a lot of money into it so its nice to hear someone say that:D :D

Well depite what the ppl here are saying about the lancer just trying to be the evo...i think you did a greta job with modifyin it! defo gets the ladies attention anyway!;) ;);)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,398 ✭✭✭ando

dont you need to change the brake bias aswell when swapping drums to disks?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,398 ✭✭✭fletch

Sarah** wrote:
    Well depite what the ppl here are saying about the lancer just trying to be the evo...i think you did a greta job with modifyin it! defo gets the ladies attention anyway!;) ;);)
    And the gay guys ;) Likin the Wolfraces on it too...what size are they?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭ciarsd

ando wrote:
    dont you need to change the brake bias aswell when swapping drums to disks?

yup, and brake lines from servo to calipers..

Sarah** wrote:

Yes it does it got your attention anyway, im selling it after christmas anyway so i can start on a new car :D:D

fletch wrote:
    And the gay guys ;) Likin the Wolfraces on it too...what size are they?

Yeah im sure the fags love it but i stay away from them. The wheels are 17s, they're a bit curbed though.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,210 ✭✭✭✭JohnCleary

Forgive me for talking out of turn - I've demonstrated that you can't make a silk purse from a sows ear (see my orange Cinq for details) but I can't find any reference to a front-wheel drive only Lancer Evo - they all seem to have permanent four wheel drive and something called 'Active Yaw Control' (which I suspect is the opposite of yawn control).

If this is the case, and I'm not very technical ;) but I suspect it would be easier to sew Colin McRaes arms onto your torso than bolt the brakes from an Evo onto a 1.3 Lancer. If your car has ABS, then the ABS controller might need updating to suit the new waveform from the disc sensors - don't want your ABS coming on all the time now do you? Unless you need discs on the back of your car, I would respectfully suggest you spend your hard-earned cash on other mods first?

'cptr

I have one word - Ducktape :D

Sellin it could be to ur detrement...lossin the ladies till the next one is finished?! Good to hear u stay away from the gays! More for the Ladies...;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 268 ✭✭UberNewb

Here's my Celica. Sorry about the picture quality, the were taken with my mobile phone. :)

Celica1.JPG

Celica2.JPG

• Registered Users Posts: 5,398 ✭✭✭ando

clean celica ;) the wheels go well

Sarah** wrote:
    Sellin it could be to ur detrement...lossin the ladies till the next one is finished?! Good to hear u stay away from the gays! More for the Ladies...;)

I know dont really want to sell it im afraid my next car wont be as nice but its gettin old, are u driving anythin?;)

ando wrote:

Nice black all over always looks a treat

Was drivin a Galanza but had a bad crash in September and since just nervous drivin so goin to wait till the new year before gettin back in the drivin seat.... not to mention d fact that my brother from the start of the year said the galanza wasnt a girls car!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭bp_me

There are plenty of girls driving Glanzas down this way......drive what you are happy driving.

Well its gone now :( but we will see what i will get after xmas think ill go back to my colt!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 268 ✭✭UberNewb

ando wrote:

Hand cleaned and polished only! :D

I love the wheels but you don't really see them that clearly in the picture so here's a pic of the actual wheel

RSS_RACING.JPG

And there not fitted by the manufacturer! :eek:

I may fail the new NCT!!!!! :v:

Sarah** wrote:
    Well its gone now :( but we will see what i will get after xmas think ill go back to my colt!

You can buy my nice red lancer and pick up loads of fellas in it;) ;)

Red Lancer i can see me in it alright! haha! We'll see! Id have to be brought for a test drive first....make sure its comfortable! ;)

Sarah** wrote:
    Red Lancer i can see me in it alright! haha! We'll see! Id have to be brought for a test drive first....make sure its comfortable! ;)

Whenever you want.....its lovely and comfy....only for 2 though;)

Sure i wont need any moe then two in the car....will we?! ;)

Exactly what i was thinkin.:D

Great minds....and all that!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 966 ✭✭✭RedRaven

Sarah** wrote:
    Great minds....and all that!
    Get a room you pair or find a beach where theres nobody around!!!;)

Advertisement