Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

not sure about small network-

Options
  • 27-10-2005 3:03pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 411 ✭✭

Right i have 3 win xp pcc's all with 10/100 ports - and i have one main printer which has a rj45 port for being a network printer and then i have a 4port (3347wg) broadband router for the broadband connection - unfortunately 3 ports are taken by win98 and 2000 pc's which i dont want on the network -
    i need for all 3 win xp pcs to be able to accsess the printer and the internet-
    so i am not quite sure how to hook it all up.. i dont mind picking up an extra router if i need. whats the simplest less technical way of running it?
    thanks
    jasper

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,601 ✭✭✭Kali

Buy a switch.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 411 ✭✭jasperok

thanks for replying

can i plug 3 pcs + printer into the switch and then a cat5 from the last free port on my router to the switch aswell? should i be ok with that?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,601 ✭✭✭Kali

Plug all the PCs, printer and the router into the switch and away you go.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 411 ✭✭jasperok

Much appreciated

• Registered Users Posts: 3,695 ✭✭✭galwaydude18

ya do as kali said! It's really that simple!

• Advertisement
Advertisement