Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Orla and Trev & Breakfast on beat 102 103

• 27-10-2005 3:10pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 61 ✭✭

Anybody know if Orla and Trev have quit. Used to quite enjoy the morning brekkie show!
    Their profiles have been removed from the beat website
    Anybody know what's going on??

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

They went of to get married, and ran away with all the Beat Music :P

No idea, never listen to it. I rather prefer listening to music in the morning and not them two talking!

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,500 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

TodayFM is better anyway :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,679 ✭✭✭Freddie59

teckno wrote:
    Anybody know if Orla and Trev have quit. Used to quite enjoy the morning brekkie show!
    Their profiles have been removed from the beat website
    Anybody know what's going on??

That station (if you can call it that) is complete and utter $hite.:mad:

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,500 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Perhaps the quit because the station is ****e, or they were just offered better money elsewhere

• Closed Accounts Posts: 744 ✭✭✭angry_fox

Cabaal wrote:
    Perhaps the quit because the station is ****e, or they were just offered better money elsewhere

Prehaps they were paid to get off the radio, they were useless, that Trev chap was a muppet.

How can people listen to Beat FM when theres Today FM, Gift Grub is pure genius.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

angry_fox wrote:
    How can people listen to Beat FM when theres Today FM

because teenagers will be around forever

• Closed Accounts Posts: 92 ✭✭Jessica

It is not just teenagers that like beat ! I ain't a teenager and i like beat - although the morning show is alittle bit like orla and trev trying to compete against each other about which one is the bigger twat !

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

BeatFM is pretty good at times. That BeatTalk is OK, I hate that ****ing thing on Sunday nights - I avoid it at all costs. Beat in the morning is depressing ><

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 maz27

They both handed in their notice at the same time. Fed up with the early mornings methinks.

The station did not allow them to do a 'Goodbye' show, think that was a bit mean. :(

Orla is working on the Dublin city channel. Trev is still on 'The Afternoon Show'

The new guy is really crap. Think I might be tuning in to Today FM afterall!!

• Registered Users Posts: 42 fly.on.the.wall

Orla and Trev were utter crap. The show was just crap. I thought that guy who replaced them was grand, at least he didn't talk crap like the other two.

Now i never listen, cos of the bloody talk show in the morning....what is with that ???

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭fricatus

Better than WLR FM though, I bet. I've never heard a worse station!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 266 ✭✭JLemmon

Here's two worse, Radio 1 & 2fm

• Registered Users Posts: 2,272 ✭✭✭merlante

fricatus wrote:
    Better than WLR FM though, I bet. I've never heard a worse station!

Ludicrously popular in Waterford, though, by any measure.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,430 ✭✭✭✭road_high

I really miss Orla and Trev tbh over a year later!
    I much preferred Niall Power in the afternoons instead of the morn, Mary O'Neill is good though. Where is 'Mel on Wheels' gone to ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,657 ✭✭✭trishw78

Orla mustin't hate early mornings to much 'cause she was on 2fm on the 6am to 7am slot for a couple of months and then for the last month she was co-hosting if that's what you'd call it with Marty in the morning on 2fm. Not sure what she's upto know since jim jam and clom have taken over

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,644 ✭✭✭Asmodean

Ah I never liked them. Too chirpy and up their own ass. And that trev fella, all I can say is that he certianly only has the face for radio. oh ho ho. I thought those superman posters looked ridiculous. That made me NOT want to turn on the station

Advertisement