Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Advice?

• 27-10-2005 3:20pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 732 ✭✭✭

Hi. I'm thinking of getting broadband. I have ISDN at the moment. I would like a connection of 2Mbps with a decent download limit. Looking at getbroadband.ie, my options are: BT Broadband Plus, Imagine Broadband Always On Plus, Digiweb DSL2 or Eircom Home Plus. Which would you suggest? Does anyone know what the story is for each of the companies with uninstalling the ISDN?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

as regards the isdn, depends on what company you are with at the moment. basically what normally happens is you get a tech install. what this does, is the line will be put back down to the pstn system, normally meaning that you loose the second line(unless you request to keep the 2 of them), i.e., 1 line means only one line rental as opposed to 2. youll get a junction box on the wall that has 2 sockets, one for broadband and one for normal phone. it normally takes a week longer to get the broadband when you have isdn. if you are changing phone companies, it could get a bit messy. i presume that you would have to request for the phone company to put the line back to psdn and then get the new broadband company to put the broadband on the line for you....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 732 ✭✭✭chalky

Thanks. Anyone have any opinions on the different providers?

Advertisement