Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Well Groomed

• 27-10-2005 3:28pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

Hi, this may have been posted before, but I'm new here.

I just recently started grooming my pubic area. I do it myself as I'm too shy & embarrassed to go to a beautician.
    I pluck the hairs & I trim the rest with sissors & it looks quite tidy.

However, as the hairs grow back I have to slightly scrape back the skin to avoid ingrowing hairs, & then I pluck them back out again. (I don't be V aggressive when I do this) Around each of these hairs (or where the hairs were) is now a red dot, so everywhere I've plucked there are red dots. I don't really have spots as I don't allow the hairs to get trapped but I think the dots is really ugly.
    Is there anyway to avoid this. Guys:- is this a real turn off for you?

Also, due to trimming my hair:- the labia minora (I think it's called) is quite sore as it's getting jagged by the cut hairs.
    Do I need to leave the hairs alone down around here, do I cut them shorter or what? I can't imagine plucking down around there?

Guys:- what do your think? Have you ever gotten your bits scratched until they were sore by a girls groomed private hair?

so basically, all views & advice welcome.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,922 ✭✭✭Dave

Jaggy! wrote:

Guys:- is this a real turn off for you?

Not particularly!
    Guys:- what do your think? Have you ever gotten your bits scratched until they were sore by a girls groomed private hair?

Ah yes, but nothing serious, minor irritation.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,828 ✭✭✭ven0m

Jaggy! wrote:
    Guys:- is this a real turn off for you?

Nope - hell no!!!!!
    Jaggy! wrote:

Only when you 'go down' is it an issue..... nothing worse than your woman giving you 'beard rash' hehehe :D

::: ven0mous :::

• Closed Accounts Posts: 333 ✭✭audge

Jaggy! wrote:

I just recently started grooming my pubic area. I do it myself as I'm too shy & embarrassed to go to a beautician.

However, as the hairs grow back I have to slightly scrape back the skin to avoid ingrowing hairs, & then I pluck them back out again. (I don't be V aggressive when I do this) Around each of these hairs (or where the hairs were) is now a red dot, so everywhere I've plucked there are red dots. I don't really have spots as I don't allow the hairs to get trapped but I think the dots is really ugly.

Also, due to trimming my hair:- the labia minora (I think it's called) is quite sore as it's getting jagged by the cut hairs.
    Do I need to leave the hairs alone down around here, do I cut them shorter or what? I can't imagine plucking down around there?

Oh God, what a gross post! HA! HA! HA!

Sorry, I groom too, but the way you have described the whole ordeal just sounds so horrible and off putting - red dotd, jagged labia minora.....
    "hey hot stuff, get your lips around my jagged labia minora" ha ha ha

Sorry sorry sorry, I dont mean to poke fun at a serious problem, it just got me giggling! I am not very mature :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 826 ✭✭✭vibrant

Sounds like you've got a mess of ingrown hairs. If you're still to embarrassed to go to a salon (why? They're professionals and must see at least a dozen clients a day), go to your chemist and get some lotion to prevent the ingrown hairs. Otherwise it's going to look worse and you'll have potential scabs to deal with too.

Mmmm.... sexy!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,875 ✭✭✭Seraphina

i recommend you get a professional to do it. i was terrified the first time i went, but it was grand, they're friendly and chatting and totally put you at ease, i wouldn't worry about it at all!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 78,494 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Having a rash down there is not attractive, being shaved (or just tidy) is attractive to some guys.

Do a search of this board for key words like: shaving, depilation, waxing, Veet, Brazillian, Hollywood, etc.

I understand exfoliation helps with the ingrown hairs and itchiness.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 268 ✭✭UberNewb

Jaggy! wrote:

Just my nose! ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35 Tezcat

Jaggy! wrote:

Nope, besides a bit of irritation is imho far more welcome to that stray hair that ends up on the back of your tongue at the wrong moment making u gag.

have to say though, it sounds like a **** load of work... how long does all that take and do u have to use special mirrors?

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

audge wrote:
    I am not very mature :o

then perhaps you shouldn't be posting in this forum.
    read the charter
    B

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,731 ✭✭✭bp

have you ever worked in a supermarket and someone comes and buys tampons, condoms etc? they are embarressed but you really couldnt give sh*t cause you are just being paid to sit there and scan...that is how the people in the salons feel...they really don't care! they are being paid to wax! go for it!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 485 ✭✭tosh_thedude

Jaggy! wrote:

Sounds more like an S.T.D mate. Not that i'd know myself. ha. but ur best off seeing a doc to be sure.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,790 ✭✭✭Linoge

Sounds more like an S.T.D mate. Not that i'd know myself. .

You're right, you don't have a clue.

OP, I think you should just get over it and go to a beauty salon. They're professionals!

The spots are a bit of a turn off, reverse beard rash never a problem though!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 37,485 ✭✭✭✭Khannie

I'd consider the spots a very minor turn off. No biggy at all. Certainly wouldn't prevent me doing anything.

Alternatives to waxing you might want to consider are shaving and cream hair removal. Be sure you get the veet for sensitive areas though if you do go down this route. The main advantage that it gives is that the hairs coming out are soft and you don't get that plucked turkey look.

I'd share others encouragement to see a professional though. Do it once...if you don't like it...you never have to go again.

Advertisement