Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FOR GARFIELD or anyone else that can help.... PLEASE!

• 27-10-2005 3:51pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

Huawei Aolynk DR814 - Port Forwarding
    I have done everything possible to get port forwarding working on the standard Smart telecom router - the Huawei Aolynk DR814. No joy. I have followed all the suggestions in all relative posts and still nothing. I am my wits end as I rang the smart technical guys today who told me it is not a problem they support!!
    Can anynoe please provide me with a dummy-proof, concise guide to setting up port forwarding for this router - much appreciated...

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,042 ✭✭✭spooky donkey

Did ya try www.portforward.com ? I think they have guides there to most routers!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,562 ✭✭✭Snaga

The Smart support forum has a sticky thread on it for port forwarding.

http://support.smarttelecom.ie/forums/showthread.php?t=22

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,339 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

Don't know about this router but for dlinks you have to enable both the port forward and also allow access to the forwarding by a particular pc.

i.e. it is simply not enough to set the forwarding to an ip address.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 463 ✭✭replytohere2004

I got tired of messing around with theAOLynk router.

Got myself a NetGear DG834 and flashed the firmware to ADSL2.

You should be able to pick one up from eBay for about €50.

No matter what I did with Smart's router it would crash every so often.
    Not once has the DG834 crashed, very stable.

Advertisement