Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Hotmail's new Kahuna mail beta

• 27-10-2005 4:00pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,330 ✭✭✭

Signed into my Hotmail today, and saw a link on top to "Join the mail beta".

Anyone else get this?

Their new mail look (doesn't seem to be called Hotmail anymore, just "mail beta"?) is alot like Outlook.

Much quicker than the old hotmail anyway.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭deckie27

Yip I got it to a few weeks ago
    Its not bad. but fails a good bit
    What do u think ??

Dec

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

Got any screenshots ?

is.php?i=10114&img=new_msnn.JPG

There ya go.

PS how do i get the pic to show up on post ??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

Cheers for the screenshot. You can use this to get images to show:
    [IMG]link to image[/IMG]

sometimes if images are too big they'll only show as links though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,942 ✭✭✭Mac daddy

looks pretty similiar to gmail beta.....

• Advertisement

Is there a new gmail on the way ???

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,656 ✭✭✭rogue-entity

It looks like a definate improvement, at least they seem to have fewer banner ads. For god sake with the money that MS is raking in, they should be providing at least 20Meg space, a 20Meg attachment size limit (only useful for sending to other hotmail users as most ISPs limit inbound emails sizes to 4 or 6Megs), NO SPAM ie a decent Spam filter like those used by O2 and Gmail which really cut a lot of the sh1t received and NO ADs MS does not need advertising, they have more then enough money to support there services.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,330 ✭✭✭radiospan

Been using it almost a month, and it's better than the old one, but only cos the old Hotmail is terrible.

I'll try to post a screenshot tonight, it's got a handy right-click menu on your emails. You can just right click on one and choose from Reply, Delete, and other options.

Yahoo are bringing out a new mail thing soon too. It's not in public beta yet, but people say its better than Gmail?

Kahuna definately isn't.

deckie27 wrote:
    is.php?i=10114&img=new_msnn.JPG

There ya go.

Got there before you :D

Advertisement