Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Where to get RON 98 in Dublin?

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 256 ✭✭$lash

Ye its a blue one, had it in wards alright a couple of weeks ago for them to check out everything on it was perfect- I only have it a month. My brother is after an EVO, he has a white impreza at the moment but his heart is set on a Tommy McEnem ( or however that is spelt!) They are a nice car!

know you now! ... sweet motor! ... if he needs any help finding a tommi drop me a pm :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 256 ✭✭$lash

Ye its a blue one, had it in wards alright a couple of weeks ago for them to check out everything on it was perfect- I only have it a month. My brother is after an EVO, he has a white impreza at the moment but his heart is set on a Tommy McEnem ( or however that is spelt!) They are a nice car!

know you now! ... sweet motor! ... if he needs any help finding a tommi drop me a pm :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,765 ✭✭✭ds20prefecture

69 mustang wrote:
    I was able to set my carbs to the leaner side got no flat spots, can feel a difference.
    Its been about since WWII.
    The RS guys use it if there's one on boards to note there findings.
    I have also found my engine run cooler.
    It also can act as an LRP.:)
    www.fuelcat.co.uk

'69 - no offence but the fuelcat is pure snake oil. How does it boost octane? All requests to the company to explain how the product works have been met with a stoic silence.

If there was a way to boost the octane of fuel through an inert chemical process, the manufacturers would be using it by now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 260 ✭✭69 mustang

ds its possible that it does not boost octane but has improved my mpg cleaned my engine out improved idle and responsiveness [also gave a lower temp reading now which may be coincidence.] Which 98s meant to do so either way it seems better for it.:)
    So even if its just a filter I'm happy with it:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 71 ✭✭CelticChick

$lash wrote:

Thanks- its nice alright, love it now! And thanks for the offer of help I might just take you up on that one! :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,765 ✭✭✭ds20prefecture

69 mustang wrote:
    ds its possible that it does not boost octane but has improved my mpg cleaned my engine out improved idle and responsiveness [also gave a lower temp reading now which may be coincidence.] Which 98s meant to do so either way it seems better for it.:)
    So even if its just a filter I'm happy with it:D

'69 - don't get me wrong, I'm not making any judgement of you or your car. This product drives me nuts though.

It doesn't add lead, or anything else to the fuel. When you say it's "cleaned my engine out" is it that the emissions are leaner or that your engine is physically cleaner? Setting your timing properly will account for the idle, responsiveness and lower temp. When you fitted the fuelcat, did you reset the timing?

If you're happy with it, great - far be it from me to say you're wrong. But I certainly wouldn't lend these guys any credibility. That's a helluffa expensive fuel filter.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 260 ✭✭69 mustang

'69 - don't get me wrong, I'm not making any judgement of you or your car. This product drives me nuts though.

It doesn't add lead, or anything else to the fuel. When you say it's "cleaned my engine out" is it that the emissions are leaner or that your engine is physically cleaner? Setting your timing properly will account for the idle, responsiveness and lower temp. When you fitted the fuelcat, did you reset the timing?

If you're happy with it, great - far be it from me to say you're wrong. But I certainly wouldn't lend these guys any credibility. That's a helluffa expensive fuel filter.

No I had my doubts too.
    Timing set the same (electronic not points)
    plugs nice and tan.
    been keeping an eye on mixture with a colour tune (also the idle started to raise)
    Oil very black on removal but so far new stuff still looks good.
    was hunting a bit now sits a 600rpm
    MPG up
    Have it since march so really still early days.:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 122 ✭✭IDMUD

It's funny when a small company can produce a product that goes against the laws of physics and outsmarts multi billion corporations spending huge amounts of money on research :D

Edit: Ontopic: If you really need a higher octane fuel modify your car to run on E85, it has an octane rating of 105ish ron.

Advertisement