Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Configuring XP install

• 27-10-2005 4:43pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 919 ✭✭✭

I would like to configure my xp cd so i don't have to state my regional settings or that i do always accept the terms. Just want to insert the cd,say where i want it and then not worry about any of the other questions it asks during an install.

Thanks
    Timeout

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,931 ✭✭✭Ginger

Do a quick search for unattended install windows xp

Here is a quick site for you http://unattended.msfn.org/

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 92,385 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

Backup wpa.dbl - this should stop you having to re activate if reinstalling on the same HW. - support.microsoft.com/ default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;Q305356

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,931 ✭✭✭Ginger

Capn thats one I have been looking for for the last while

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 919 ✭✭✭timeout

Thanks guys,just what i wanted.

Ginger- Going to try it out over the next few days.Most interested in the one that allows u install drivers and apps.

Capt'n - That will be a really help since i won't have to re-register again & again & again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,695 ✭✭✭galwaydude18

Also use nlite for an untanded setup! You can remove stuff you dont want and add other stuff to your setup as well! It's a very very good program!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,628 ✭✭✭Asok

Sysprep and ghosting an image is also an nice little way to do this.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 92,385 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

Asok wrote:
    Sysprep and ghosting an image is also an nice little way to do this.
    Don't forget that license for Ghost means you need to pay extra for every PC you clone an image to. Partimage and g4u are two of the free alternatives. There are other lower priced commercial alternatives to Ghost too.

Advertisement