Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

What do you dislike about boards?

• 27-10-2005 5:55pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,148 ✭✭✭

Don't turn this thread into something nasty just give your oppinions :D

I dislike the way loads of members finish every sentence with tbh :rolleyes:

I also dislike it when some members put there username after every post (see below)

The General

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,488 ✭✭✭Goodshape

I dislike pointless one line replies, tbh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,148 ✭✭✭The General

Goodshape wrote:

same here tbh

The General

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,148 ✭✭✭angelofdeath

i dislike "tbh", tbh

no but really tbh i dislike, em, em bah regi messin about with the search facility

tbh.. btw

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,037 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Goodshape wrote:
    Yep...

sorry.. couldn't resist!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 110 ✭✭Adblock

I do not dislike pointless threads unlike this one . :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

I wish there were more positive threads.;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

Don't turn this thread into something nasty just give your oppinions :D

I dislike the way loads of members finish every sentence with tbh :rolleyes:

I also dislike it when some members put there username after every post (see below)

The General
    i agree with all of the above

I wish there were more positive threads.;)

Thats whats wrong with ireland we don't point out the bad things till its too late ;)

Mossy Monk wrote:
    i agree with all of the above

Finally ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

careful with those short replies now ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,269 ✭✭✭✭Sleepy

I dislike the spammy posts that contribute absolutely nothing to the thread.

People who post in a thread before they've read it all. You know the sort of gob****e who wades in to unveil their great theory in page 9 of the thread despite the fact the point was completely shot down when someone else raised it in page 2.

The disproportionate level of armchair terrorists compared to real life.

Huge and/or animated sigs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,037 ✭✭✭✭Basq

I absolutely despise "txtspk"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,746 ✭✭✭0utshined

I dislike that forums take so long to load but I like that you can get the first few sentances of the post if you hover over a title so it's a trade off really.

Edit: And what Sleepy said.

Sleepy wrote:
    I dislike the spammy posts that contribute absolutely nothing to the thread.

People who post in a thread before they've read it all. You know the sort of gob****e who wades in to unveil their great theory in page 9 of the thread despite the fact the point was completely shot down when someone else raised it in page 2.

The disproportionate level of armchair terrorists compared to real life.

Huge and/or animated sigs.

you still on 56k modem :D i don't mind animated sigs, i agree though i hate big sigs

0utshined wrote:
    I dislike that forums take so long to load but I like that you can get the first few sentances of the post if you hover over a title so it's a trade off really.

Its only recently that boards has slowed down a lot :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,937 ✭✭✭fade2black

I dislike the way no matter what an OP says, someone along the line will HAVE to disagree with it. I'm not saying that we all have to agree with everything but I hate arguing just for the sake of it.

People who think they can have "power" on an internet forum.

The word is lose and losing...not loose and loosing.

Also, finishing posts with tbh, and "that is all" is not funny or witty.

I also hate when I get sucked into replying to threads like these.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,277 ✭✭✭✭Rb

I dislike the amount of kids there is on boards tbh and also dislike the fact that some forums aren't moderated regularly enough(through no fault of the mods though).

Its only recently that boards has slowed down a lot :mad:

It's slow on DSL now but occasionaly I have to use Dial-up and it was painful on that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,269 ✭✭✭✭Sleepy

you still on 56k modem :D i don't mind animated sigs, i agree though i hate big sigs
    Nope T1 line in work and Broadband at home, I just find the attention-whorish and dislike almost all animation used on-line. It's distracting and pointless.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,584 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

You'd never know in this backwards country, we all could be on dial up.

Anyways nothing bothers me more than txtspeak. You have a full 109 key keyboard USE IT.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 944 ✭✭✭NoDayBut2Day

People who feel they can be rude to each other on forums just because they're not going to see them everyday of their lives...
    I dislike the way no matter what an OP says, someone along the line will HAVE to disagree with it. I'm not saying that we all have to agree with everything but I hate arguing just for the sake of it.

People who think they can have "power" on an internet forum.

^ and yeah, that....

People who feel they can be rude to each other on forums just because they're not going to see them everyday of their lives...

^ and yeah, that....

hey you kinda robbed my sig :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,719 ✭✭✭Ruaidhri

So far all complaints have been about the users. My biggest peev with boards right now is the DHTML menu on the top of each page. It totally kills safari, and i wish there was an option to turn it off. Other than that boards seems perfect, recently speeded up LOADS!

As for people complaining about the users : Get used to it! you'll have to deal with annoying people all your life.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 944 ✭✭✭NoDayBut2Day

hey you kinda robbed my sig :D

Great minds think alike! ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,921 ✭✭✭✭Pigman II

I dislike the way 'search' keeps appearing and disappearing. It's bloody headwrecking, esp when they keep a link to it on the homepage even when it's not available.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

I hate when people say "should of". Its should HAVE!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,299 ✭✭✭Sandals

I dislike our entry in wikipedia.

Then change it.

how does that work?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,488 ✭✭✭Goodshape

Sandals wrote:
    how does that work?
    It's the whole concept behind a wiki.. anyone can change it (and, if you **** up, anyone can change it back).

Press the 'edit' button up top.

oh cool

Ruaidhri wrote:
    So far all complaints have been about the users. My biggest peev with boards right now is the DHTML menu on the top of each page. It totally kills safari, and i wish there was an option to turn it off. Other than that boards seems perfect, recently speeded up LOADS!

As for people complaining about the users : Get used to it! you'll have to deal with annoying people all your life.

That works for me in FF and IE but not opera

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭Binomate

I don't like the recent upgrade. I also don't like the fact that they use paypal with subscriptions.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,963 ✭✭✭SpAcEd OuT

everytime someone uses this smilie :rolleyes: I just want to hit them.

I suggest we ban that smilie so that it can only be used by subscribed members or something

:mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,645 ✭✭✭✭nesf

I hate it when people use :rolleyes: because they can't convey sarcasm in any other way.

I'm beginning to really detest that smiley.

Oh and this one too :cool:

I like this one though. :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,719 ✭✭✭Ruaidhri

That works for me in FF and IE but not opera

Strangely enough i dont run IE or FF ( you dont want to hear my opinions on FF... ), and in Opera under OS 10.4 it's perfect. i know the problem lies with Safari's handling of DHTML, but still, it annoys me as i get the spinning colored wheel all the time on boards...

Other than that, boards is perfect technically. sure there's the odd glitch, but damn! it's free and community driven. It's a pity it's still kinda obscure to the general public.

Out of curiosity, is there any adversiting of boards.ie outside of word of mouth?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,104 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

I dislike people on here that attack a poster/post count/typo rather than an arguement.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,391 ✭✭✭arbeitsscheuer

Eh... That should be spelt "argument", Tar...:p :D :rolleyes: :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,893 ✭✭✭Canis Lupus

fade2black wrote:

I definitely don't agree with you there.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,104 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

SebtheBum wrote:
    Eh... That should be spelt "argument", Tar...:p :D :rolleyes: :o
    My honey pot trap of doom has caught a bear!!!!and it's you Seb,for shame!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,391 ✭✭✭arbeitsscheuer

Yeah, I kinda figured as much... Nice one.;)

Anyway, on-topic, the only thing that really annoys me about boards is the glut of newbies we get around June/July/August every year, who basically invade and post threads that have been covered at least 1,001 times before, and then get antzy when we tell them to use the search facilities before posting. F**kers.

But ppl are generally lovely here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,811 ✭✭✭Stompbox

I dislike people on here that attack a poster/post count/typo rather than an arguement.

You spelt argument wrong btw tbh. I hate people who post something, realise they've forgotten something and create a new post just so they can boost their post count.It's called EDIT!!!

DAMN Seb beat me to it!

Oh dear God I actually have them coming out in droves :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,455 ✭✭✭BrianD3

Annoyance: Posters who use obviously female and attention seeking usernames - names like "Sexy Dublin Gurrl" or whatever. These posters usually post spammy attention seeking threads and it works too as these threads gets loads of replies from horny males looking for a ride. These posters probably aren't even female but even if they are it's all a bit pathetic.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 777 ✭✭✭dRNk SAnTA

lol, very true.

And as has in a way already been said: I dislike posts which are extremely pedantic. People whos arguing technique is just 'to be difficult' rather than make a point. Also too-big-for-their-boots power-mad mods.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,277 ✭✭✭✭Rb

BrianD3 wrote:
    Annoyance: Posters who use obviously female and attention seeking usernames - names like "Sexy Dublin Gurrl" or whatever. These posters usually post spammy attention seeking threads and it works too as these threads gets loads of replies from horny males looking for a ride. These posters probably aren't even female but even if they are it's all a bit pathetic.

In all fairness, the only two users I can think of with nicks like that are "SexyD4Lady" and "SexeeAussie", both which turned out to be quite good looking girls and they don't see to be here for the sole purpose of spam either.
    Maybe there's more, but I haven't came across them.
    dRNk SAnTA wrote:
    Also too-big-for-their-boots power-mad mods.
    I've yet to come across any of them tbh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,767 ✭✭✭Hugh Hefner

I hate when people, in their sigs., link to about 50 different things. All. Crap.

But that's not really about the website, is it? I can't think of anything that I hate about the website itself.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

The lack of search.

I find it handy to be able to bring up a list of all my posts. It means I can look back and see what I've said recently and who's replied to it.. which is handy.

I hope the search is back soon.

For good, like.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,036 ✭✭✭garred

Don't mind high post counts but detest tbh, imo and this...:rolleyes:

Also people who make it some personal vendetta to get you to agree with their points. They don't seem to understand you might have a different opinion.

Oh and flaming!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,280 ✭✭✭regi

You're all banned.

• Advertisement
Advertisement