Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

contact lens.... (i know this doesn't fall under tattoo's and piercings!)

Options
  • 27-10-2005 6:35pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 28

I know this doesnt fall under tattoo's and piercings but i don't really know where to ask this...

Does anyone know anywhere in dublin i can get contact lens with different designs on them? e.g cats eyes, spirals etc...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭amazingemmet

Try ask in the designer contact forum (only kidding) try in fashion

• Registered Users Posts: 1,828 ✭✭✭ven0m

There's a few opticians in Dublin City that do them - one of them is just off Henry Street (where Arnotts & Marks & Sparks face each other)....

Hope thats some help - but you are looking at about 90-120 bills for a set, just as an FYI

::: ven0mous :::

• Registered Users Posts: 5,335 ✭✭✭Cake Fiend

Some people might post up sites you can order them from, or suggest some little pound shop or whatever. If you don't get contact lenses from a professional optician (with accompanying usage advice), you're playing russian roulette with your eyes. And you don't get any new eyes if you break the ones you've got.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭dSTAR

You could possibly get them cheap on eBay as well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 488 ✭✭SuzyS1972

I'm sure there are some in the Argos catalogue

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,842 ✭✭✭steveland?

You can get different coloured eyes ones in opticians but you need to go for an eye exam...

I wouldn't recommend using them unless you've gotten an eye exam recently, go to the optician you got it and ask them does the shape of your eye suit wearing contacts... A lot of people don't produce enough tears aswell to keep them lubricated and they can end up sticking to your eyes a tiny bit...

I wear contacts regularly (normal ones) and I need toric ones because of the shape of my eyes...

Best bet is to ask in the opticians you got your most recent eye test

• Closed Accounts Posts: 63 ✭✭vanessa

Specsavers do them... if you go into the one in the GPO arcade they have a catalogue of them all...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 79 ✭✭Soupi

i wear coloured contact lenses all the time. i don't need glasses but i just love he different colours. i went and got my eye exam in the opticians upstairs in the Jervis shopping centre, i think it's Insight Opticians and i also bought my first pair there too, they were just blue ones.

now i order all my contacts over the net, just Google it. i totally agree with Steveland? on the eye exam thing though. some people just can't wear contact lenses and for the sake of spending a little bit of money and finding out rather than buying them and scarring your eyes.

good luck with it anyway, i love them and will not stop wearing them... in the near future anyway. ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 90 ✭✭WalkswithDeath

spec savers not joking do a great line of contact lenses . go in to the store and ask for a brochure, but if you want to buy on line try looking up FX contact lenses, they have some great glow in the dart ones

Advertisement