Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ebay.de translation please???

Options
  • 27-10-2005 6:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 267 ✭✭

Hello, appologies for using the medium of english for this letter but i havent got a word of German. They didnt teach it at my school!

I bought something off Ebay last night from a shop in Germany (they had the best price you see). They sent me an email today but i cant understand any of it! Could anyone give a rough translation of the following few sentences....

"Herzlichen Glückwunsch zur gewonnenen Auktion!
    Sie haben von mir folgende Artikel ersteigert:

BITTE ANTWORTEN SIE NICHT AUF DIESE EMAIL!

Um die Liefer- und Zahlungsbedingungen zu klären besuchen Sie bitte die folgende Webseite:

Sie können die beendete Auktion unter der folgenden Adresse noch 90 Tage nach Auktionsende bei Ebay einsehen:

Vielen Dank,"

Ive cut out some stuff that i can understand, but the above text is too difficult for me. So if anyone could tell me what its roughly about then that'd be great.

p.s. It was a damn shame Germany were beaten by Brazil in the world cup 2002. Im not trying to butter you all up! (he he) I really wanted germany to win.

Comments

• Subscribers Posts: 16,587 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

my german isn't great but it basically says, "well done for winning, don't reply to this mail, go to this webpage to check out : xxxxx and you can see your item for 90 days at this link xxx"

• Registered Users Posts: 267 ✭✭Shinto

Thanks Daveym,

Thats great news! All i wanted was a rough translation to see what it was about. I can rest easy now that the transaction went fine. Excellent. Im well happy now. Thanks again.

Dear Sirs/Madams,

Once again i am shamed to speak in english but my 2-word german vocalbulary prevents me from doing otherwise.

Once again i must bow to your superior knowledge and beg for anyone's brief assistance in giving me a rough translation for a new "Ebay.de" email i got today.

"Wichtige Information!

Bitte überprüfen Sie vor Unterzeichnung der Empfangsquittung, ob das Paket bei der Anlieferung äußerliche Beschädigungen aufweist. Sollte die Kartonage eingedrückt, aufgerissen oder anderweitig beschädigt sein, bitten wir dieses mit dem Vermerk "Paket beschädigt" auf der Empfangsquittung neben Ihrer Unterschrift zu notieren.

Bei einer reinen Unterzeichnung oder dem Vermerk "unter Vorbehalt entgegengenommen" können wir leider keine Schadensersatzforderungen akzeptieren. Deshalb prüfen Sie bitte sofort nach Erhalt der Lieferung diese auf VOLLSTÄNDIGKEIT und BESCHÄDIGUNG. Sollten Artikel fehlen oder auf dem Transportweg beschädigt sein, informieren Sie uns unbedingt innerhalb von 7 Tagen schriftlich.

Spätere Reklamationen zu fehlenden oder beschädigten Teilen werden von uns nicht mehr berücksichtigt und gehen in vollen Umfang zu Ihren Lasten!!!

Vielen Dank für Ihr Verständnis.

Statuslink zu dem Vorgang:"

Just a real rough translation of what it's about, if my transaction has gone ok or i need to take extra steps, payments, etc.
    Oh why oh why didnt i learn German instead of French. Well i didnt have the bloody choice in my old school! Now there's another topic for discussion....

• Subscribers Posts: 16,587 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

it must be pure chance that I see these first!
    unless someone with better german is around, this all implies they
    have sent your item, they are saying when you
    get your package if it is damaged, don't just sign, note that it is damaged beside
    your signature - basically telling you if you sign for it as ok then you have no comeback.

the second part is saying if you don't get your item in 7 days get on to them asap.

by the way you can get translations at least as good as mine on babelfish, search google for it..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,278 ✭✭✭mackerski

daveym wrote:

the second part is saying if you don't get your item in 7 days get on to them asap.

I have nothing to add to the first part of your translation - but the 7-day thing is related to issues (of completeness or correct function) that arise after the goods actually do arrive. Basically, inform them of any issues right away or forever hold your peace.

Dermot

• Advertisement

Thanks so much Daveym, and Mackerski too.

I'll check out that Babelfish link, it looks useful.

p.s. Where's all the conversations in German that should be taking place here? There's a little bit more chatter going on in the French section, en francais too.

Advertisement