Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

iframes in dreamweaver

Options
  • 27-10-2005 6:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,985 ✭✭✭

im doing a site for my mate as a favour and i have 2 scrolling iframes on the main page. trouble is that they are under each other and i want them side by side. i had one aligned left and the other one aligned right but they were still on seperate lines and at the edge of the screen, which i dont want.....

go to www.noahtakesthejungle.com/home.htm and you will see. i want the 2 iframes not to exceed the edge of the main picture on the site, like the way the main navi banner doesn't.

also on the news page (www.noahtakesthejungle.com/news.htm) i used the <textarea> tag to do that text.. its not ideal but to have the text aligned no further out than the navi banner i had to do it this way, when i had it centered i had to press return to start a new line to keep it all under the banner and on some screens it looked ****e. how can i align the text underneath the navi banner without doing return - ie set co-ordinates and make the text stay in that area???

cheers
    moe

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 132 ✭✭canker

I dont see why you need to use i frames here. It would be easy to get what you're looking for using tables. Same goes for the news page.

If you want the stuff in small boxes that scroll (without the whole page scrolling) then you can do this in divs (called layers in dreamweaver).

Creating tables or layers in dreamweaver is handy enough. You can pretty much draw them in wherever you want them on the page.

Choose the layout tab in dreamweaver and then 'draw new layer'. -Probably the easiest way to get what you're looking for.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 8,960 Mod ✭✭✭✭mewso

Yep put two divs in a wrapper div and float one to the left and the other to the right. Use the wrapper div to control the overall width of the page that it takes up and use css to allow scrolling (overflow). And do it in notepad. Dreamweaver pah.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,985 ✭✭✭big_moe

cheers lads, those divs are a life-saver!!!

moe

Advertisement