Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GameCube lowkey launch

Options
  • 20-09-2001 8:03pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,682 ✭✭✭

The GC only managed to sell 280,000 units in the first 3 days compared to 900,000 of the PS2.
    Word is that nintendo's machine is delivering.
    lets hope it kicks some PS2 butt.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 577 ✭✭✭Chubby

Why do people want one machine to do better than the other? The machines themselves means very little if no one is making quality games for them and there're always good games on all platforms.

Anyway, here's some Resident Evil screenshots for the GC. It looks like the machine is very capable and the atmosphere the lighting and real time shadow adds is just incredible.
    003.jpg004.jpg006.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭Digi_Tilmitt

Those pics ought to shut up those who say that the gaycube is for 2-4 year olds.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,682 ✭✭✭chernobyl

Originally posted by Chubby
    Why do people want one machine to do better than the other?

Because i think sony screwed up the games industry and are responsible for crap such as the "casual gamer" and "crap game 10"...with "crap game 11" to be realeased nest month.

sure there was always crap games but the market was never completely flooded with them and where have all the good game amgs gone???...most went bust cuz ppl started buying all those mags with all picutres and no article...oh fUck.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,202 ✭✭✭Swifty

Woah those screenies are really nice :eek:

I do hope they dont use the same annoying control method that the previous RE games have.

Originally posted by chernobyl
    Because i think sony screwed up the games industry and are responsible for crap such as the "casual gamer" and "crap game 10"...with "crap game 11" to be realeased nest month.
    What's wrong with casual gamers? I for one am glad there're more people trying out consoles and computer games. So what if most people are not obsessed with games like me for example, other people have other interests. As for the crap games, the majority of them comes from western developers who doesn't have a clue how to make good games. You get lots of sequels and remakes on every platform. Blame the developers as they're responsible for the good games and the bad.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,779 ✭✭✭Ping Chow Chi

As for crap games - dont buy/rent them

I prefer having the chance to make up my own mind rather than having some one else make tell me what is good or not

maybe you dont have the confidence in your own ability to make a judgement like that ;p

• Registered Users Posts: 7,136 ✭✭✭Pugsley

Them screeny look amazimg...might make even more people kak themselves tho :D
    Id say the PS" would also be capable of that aswell tho,but the PS1 had millions of cr4p games with few good 1s,ninty have been making very few games but most of them rox0r...same with Rare.Rare brought us banjo kazooie/banjo tooie,goldeneye (classic) perfect dark and perfect dark 2 is in the making,thy havent let me down yet,and i cant wait for PD2,or the GC for that matter :).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 166 ✭✭-RaY-

hmm them pics look really good looks like the ps2 is gonna get a run for its money

• Closed Accounts Posts: 77 ✭✭CriminallyInsane

Three Words: Devil May Cry.

I LOVE Resident Evil - I don't care which console it comes out on.

Originally posted by CriminallyInsane
    Three Words: Devil May Cry.

I LOVE Resident Evil - I don't care which console it comes out on.
    Oh errm, did I forget to mention that the Resident Evil series is now GameCube only? Looks like Devil May Cry (which looks very good) is gonna take over on the ps2 as the survival horror game from capcom.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,275 ✭✭✭Shinji

Devil May Cry isn't a survival horror game. It's nothing LIKE a survival horror game.

Dante, the hero of DMC, doesn't need to work on surviving. This guy is a supreme badass. Surviving isn't a problem for anyone as supremely badass for him. He doesn't suffer much in the way of horror either.

It's an arcade action game, survival horror doesn't enter into it...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 270 ✭✭Jabba_the_SLUT

Topic: GameCube lowkey launch

still gonna buy one though :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,136 ✭✭✭Pugsley

Originally posted by Jabba_the_SLUT
    Topic: GameCube lowkey launch

still gonna buy one though :D

Me 2 :D not gonna miss it 4 the world...i will miss £200 tho :(

Originally posted by Shinji
    Devil May Cry isn't a survival horror game. It's nothing LIKE a survival horror game.

Dante, the hero of DMC, doesn't need to work on surviving. This guy is a supreme badass. Surviving isn't a problem for anyone as supremely badass for him. He doesn't suffer much in the way of horror either.

It's an arcade action game, survival horror doesn't enter into it...
    Come to think of it, you're absolutely right and DMC is not a survival horror game. I keep on thinking it's a survival horror game cause every preview I've glanced through always said something like DMC is bringing the survival horror genre to a new level etc. Guess I should read them articles properly instead of looking at the eye candy. Is there a DMC release date for EU? When is ICO and Silent Hill 2 out here? I'd import them if the messiah mod chip is out....

I keep on thinking it's a survival horror game cause every preview I've glanced through always said something like DMC is bringing the survival horror genre to a new level etc.

Yeah, this is something that annoys the hell out of me. Every weenie magazine is calling it Survival Horror just because it's a Mikami game. Gah :)

Ico is after Christmas. It's brilliant. Silent Hill 2 is at the end of November. It's also bloody brilliant.

DMC is pre-Christmas, was talking to Capcom about a launch party for it last week in fact.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,581 ✭✭✭✭Dont be at yourself

Ico sounds amazing. I'm going to have to buy a PS2 soon :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 77 ✭✭CriminallyInsane

Originally posted by Shinji

Ico is after Christmas. It's brilliant. Silent Hill 2 is at the end of November. It's also bloody brilliant.

God I can't wait for Silent Hill 2 - It's gonna be brilliant. Also FFX and DMC(Which I never said was a survival horror game).

*Sniff* my only regret is that MGS2 is cancelled due to recant events, DAMN YOU - YOU TERRORIST BAST****.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,174 ✭✭✭[CALIBUR]

I use to go nuts about any thing nintendo But then i saw ture power of pc gaming my first ture love was doom and still is but then my love of pc is being tested to the max with cool Consoles cuming out next mouth or year with loads of cool stuff.but still the best games machine thats out now is PC any pc can be update with new hardware and still the Console can't match the power of a pc. all this saying in magzines about pc being dead is bullsiht

p.s.I don't hate consoles i like any good game that cames out in any machine and the pc has loads of kick ass games. and also the gc looks great but still...............well thats just me :)

Sniff* my only regret is that MGS2 is cancelled due to recant events, DAMN YOU - YOU TERRORIST BAST****.

Wow - they cancelled MGS2? Someone better tell Hideo Kojima, the poor git is still working his ass off on it! :)

Advertisement