Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

6230i volume problem

• 27-10-2005 8:19pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,362 ✭✭✭

I bought a 6230i from the O2 online shop last week , and Ive just noticed an annoying problem!

The phone keeps getting stuck on ascending mode when its ringing, and the message tone is also stuck at half volume.

Having searched around the net, it seems its a known firmware problem. Now, theres no point in me bringing it to an o2 shop because they wont listen, just tell me to send it back... but if its a firmware problem, the replacement will have the same issue.

Im in Waterford so should I just bring it to my nearest Nokia repair centre? Im certainly not paying for it to be fixed!

Has anyone heard of a fix for the problem by any chance?

Any advice would be very very welcome!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 159 ✭✭sobberandclean

i had the same problem with a 6230 and got some guy to re flash it and problem sorted its self out.
    www.****.net paddy i think his name is,
    but if its a new fone just bring it back

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,362 ✭✭✭Trotter

Bringing it back means posting it back to the o2 online store (O2 shops are a different setup, they wont take back the phone). Its hassle I could do without.. especially if the same problem exists with all 6230i's.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

I wouldn't use phoneexpo since that guy has been banned a number of times from this website so is probably rather dodgy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 321 ✭✭techie_2006

Pythia wrote:
    I wouldn't use phoneexpo since that guy has been banned a number of times from this website so is probably rather dodgy.
    Hmmmm, his forum seems to be going very well. Doesn't look/seem dodgy to me. He has nearly 900 members.

Trotter wrote:
    Bringing it back means posting it back to the o2 online store (O2 shops are a different setup, they wont take back the phone). Its hassle I could do without.. especially if the same problem exists with all 6230i's.
    Bring it into your local o2 store and demand they look at it. o2 offer a 28 day return policy. You have rights, use them.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Pythia wrote:

He runs a good service outside of boards.

But my girlfriend has this problem also. Choose the ignore option. ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,362 ✭✭✭Trotter

He runs a good service outside of boards.

But my girlfriend has this problem also. Choose the ignore option. ;)

Im not good at the ignore option!! Never was :)

An O2 shop in town wont touch it because the o2 online shop is a completely different organisation. I could demand all I like, but its like bringing the phone back to Dunnes.. its nothing to do with them. My GF tried sending back a phone last year to a shop, having bought it on the online shop, and they wouldnt even look at it.

Trotter wrote:
    Im not good at the ignore option!! Never was :)

An O2 shop in town wont touch it because the o2 online shop is a completely different organisation. I could demand all I like, but its like bringing the phone back to Dunnes.. its nothing to do with them. My GF tried sending back a phone last year to a shop, having bought it on the online shop, and they wouldnt even look at it.
    Ask for the manager of the shop. o2 is the company who sold you the phone.

Consumer law;
    If you have a problem with an item that you have bought it is always the seller who should put things right. As a general rule, the seller can either repair or replace the item. Alternatively, they can refund the costs of the item or service to the consumer.

If you are not satisfied with the quality of goods or services you can:

Return the goods to the supplier who sold it to you (you should not return the goods to the manufacturer)
    Act as soon as you can – a delay can indicate that you have accepted faulty goods or services
    Do not attempt to repair the item yourself or give it to anyone else to repair it
    Make sure that you have a proof of purchase (a receipt, cheque stub, credit card statement or invoice)
    You have no grounds for redress if

You were told about the defect before you bought the item (for example, if the goods were marked 'shopsoiled')
    You examined the item before you bought it and should have seen the defect
    You bought the item knowing that it wasn’t fit for what you wanted it to do
    You broke or damaged the product
    You made a mistake when buying the item (for example, if you bought an item of clothing thinking it was black when it is actually navy)
    You change your mind
    Retailers are not obliged to give refunds or credit notes under the above circumstances even if you show proof of purchase.

It is important to note that there are no hard and fast rules as to which remedy you should be entitled to. When seeking redress for problems with goods or services the circumstances of each individual case must be taken into account.

The Office of the Director of Consumer Affairs (ODCA), is the statutory office with responsibility for providing advice and information to consumers on their rights. In addition, the Director of Consumer Affairs is responsible for the enforcement of a wide range of consumer protection laws. The ODCA does not intervene or become involved in individual issues or disputes between consumers and sellers of goods or services providers. The ODCA can however, advise you if you have a particular consumer problem.

Advertisement