Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

USB Networking

Options
  • 27-10-2005 8:34pm
    Hosted Moderators Posts: 9,949 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I got a USB networking thingy (USB - NetLink)
    and cant seem to get it working.

All i want to do is trasfer some files from my PC to my lappy.

It is getting to the stage of recoginsing the connection but with limited or no connection.

anyone able to help?

Mik

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

Sounds like your computers are set up to acquire IP addresses by DHCP, and neither of them is a DHCP server. Simply give them both static IP addresses in the same subnet.

I suggest 192.168.0.1 and 192.168.0.2. Subnet mask for both is 255.255.255.0. You can leave other fields such as default gateway and DNS server blank.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,151 ✭✭✭Thomas_S_Hunterson

Also disabling the windows firewall if you have it might help

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 9,949 ✭✭✭mik_da_man

Stephen wrote:
    Sounds like your computers are set up to acquire IP addresses by DHCP, and neither of them is a DHCP server. Simply give them both static IP addresses in the same subnet.

I suggest 192.168.0.1 and 192.168.0.2. Subnet mask for both is 255.255.255.0. You can leave other fields such as default gateway and DNS server blank.

Cheers Stephen

That did the trick.

Now to get all my "files" off the home PC!! :D

Mik

Advertisement