Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

A little help required

• 27-10-2005 10:12pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,770 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

Reinstalling windows XP - computer really slow, it's really annoying.

Anyway when I boot from the cd it does some stuff but then I get this error message:

STOP: e0000221 Unknown HARD ERROR
    \systemroot\system32\ntdll.dll

Before I tried this I backed up some stuff on my mp3 player, could moving stuff around have caused this?

Anyone know how I fix this?

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,496 ✭✭✭Mr. Presentable

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;Q314474

It mentions backing up to a zip, so your mp3 instinct may not be far off the mark

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,496 ✭✭✭Mr. Presentable

I had a look around and found this:

"Hi!, We usually get this stop error message while installing windows xp. Try to delete the partitions,create them and format them manually.If again you get this same error message. Run the diagnostics on the hard drive. If the hard drives passes the test.The windows xp cd is bad/the file mentioned along with the stop error is corrupt. Use and different windows xp cd and try."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,770 ✭✭✭Bottle_of_Smoke

Cheers for that, the link is saying the resolution is to reinstall xp which doesnt really help me!

In your second post it says to "Try to delete the partitions,create them and format them manually"

How do i go about this?

Advertisement