Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ram-raiding

Options
  • 27-10-2005 10:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭

I'm a day late but anyway, did ye hear that Welsh sports shop got ram-raided in Carrigoline? Seems they stole a Lexus IS200 and used the back of it to break in. And Saturday night Q&V in Ballincollig got ram-raided by a Jag They seem to be using fairly expensive cars

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,660 ✭✭✭Blitzkrieger

Depends how old the cars were. Pesonally if I was going ram raiding I'd be stearing better **** than you get in Welsh Sports.

How crap was the alarm/immobiliser on the Lexus if ramraiders managed to steal it?

• Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭dogg_r_69

How crap was the alarm/immobiliser on the Lexus if ramraiders managed to steal it?

They broke into a house and stole the keys so didn't need to get past the immoliliser

• Registered Users Posts: 8,819 ✭✭✭rymus

a building full of shiny tracksuits in Carrigaline broken into you say? I didn't see that one coming...

rymus wrote:
    a building full of shiny tracksuits in Carrigaline broken into you say? I didn't see that one coming...
    They were meant to have been caaught shoplifting there earlier that day so I'm guessing it was meant to be revenge for getting caught

• Registered Users Posts: 641 ✭✭✭Dimitri

I didnt know that happened at all and i live there!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 136 ✭✭celica140bhp

Yep, I was in QV in Ballincollig today and it had all the looks of a Ram Raid. How did they bounce a Jag over the kerb to go through two sets of windows with very little room to get up to speed.
    Some nice gear in QV to steal I suppose but I'm not sure about stealing tracksuits in Carrigaline?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

All the guards have to do in that case is look for the wacker wearing three baseball caps and eight tracksuits. They won't be able to resist wearing them.

• Registered Users Posts: 641 ✭✭✭Dimitri

^^That counts for most people in carrigaline! 'cept me of course.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 complex

dogg_r_69 wrote:
    They broke into a house and stole the keys so didn't need to get past the immoliliser

the new danger since security has improved........in dublin , subaru owners have had their keys robbed at gunpoint at their front doors! FACT

complex wrote:
    the new danger since security has improved........in dublin , subaru owners have had their keys robbed at gunpoint at their front doors! FACT

No point in robbing at gun point It isn't that hard to break into most house if you know what you're doing It doesn't take much to get passed alot of alarms without breaking anything on the way into the house Most people with any backround construuction industry will realise how without too much thought

• Advertisement
Advertisement