Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

TCD Board Moderation

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,628 ✭✭✭Asok

Let me guess long time reader first time poster!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 roberto_bajayze

I've also been sleeping with your mother for a long time too. Only posting about it now though. Hi Asok's mom.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,452 ✭✭✭Time Magazine

Right roberto is clearly trying to antagonise you Asok but I do have to agree with his general sentiment.

I have posted hundreds of times (through read far more than post). A few weeks ago Serenity gave me a 24 hour ban for "annoying me", (I'm paraphrasing, I have it saved on my other computer) and said that he really doesn't like me and I annoyed him enough to warrant a ban, "it's like the most important rule".

This came about after he said something along the lines of "Students don't get enough junk to make a difference but..." to which I replied "You didn't finish that sentence".

Similarly, after the (fantastic!) upgrade, I asked him had he deleted my post, in a very polite way. I asked this because the post in question was submitted after the initial upgrade and it seemed odd. The response was "no you paranoid ****er, in the upgrade they lost a bunch of posts...". I think my question was reasonable and the response was really unbecoming.

I have no problems with any other mod, and get on well with the other main TCD mod. I also get on with feylya, the mods on the Christianity board etc etc. To the best of my knowledge, the only mod to have had a problem with me is Serenity.

He also has a habit for locking threads very regularly and often with (what I would consider) excessive pre-emptive motives. I note that he tends not to lock threads with a vague connection to his subject matter, maths/physics/computer science but Arts-related threads suffer a less reliable longevity. Once his decision to lock a thread (which was soaring in its seventh page) was overturned by the other mod.

I appreciate how difficult a moderator's job is, but I honestly think Serenity oversteps the mark. If he's irritated by new posters etc., and if he's not happy having to read every thread, it seems only fair to him and to us that he should pass the duty on.

Regards.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

It must be a day ending in y....

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

I've looked at those threads
    there is nothing wrong with any of them
    get over yourself roberto :/

and buffy
    all days end in a y
    oh
    I see.....

• Advertisement