Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Jack Johnson!

• 28-10-2005 12:58am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,108 ✭✭✭

hey all just wondering what you think of Jack??

I think he's deadly first heard of him 2 years ago, really cool melodies and great voice....his new album in between dreams to class!!

Also one of his old songs "dreams be dreams" is amazing!!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 470 ✭✭Dublin's Finest

Not too mad on his new stuff, but Inaudible Melodies is a good album.

Flake, the News, Bubble Toes...all good songs.

The Sunday Times were calling him a genius earlier in the year, which can only forewarn his drift into mediocrity...

They'll be playing him in Dunnes soon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 44 Bip

He's deadly! such a pity the vicar st gig sold out so quickly:(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,108 ✭✭✭mada999

yeah I'm so pis.sed off about that....I need a ticket!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 753 ✭✭✭Font22

got a ticket to the gig.......just about.
    getting quiet excited
    was in toronto all summer and they are mad for him over there, one cafe i used to go to alot played his album costantly

• Closed Accounts Posts: 753 ✭✭✭Font22

got a ticket to the gig.......just about.
    getting quite excited
    was in toronto all summer and they are mad for him over there, one cafe i used to go to alot played his album costantly

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,432 ✭✭✭Steve_o

Only Startd listenin to his stuff recently..so far so good!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 525 ✭✭✭ya-what-now?

Just heard today that his sold out vicar st gig has been moved to the point! Now after an experience there just last night I would've preferred any other venue but hey at least I'll get to go now as will many others!

Although, if I was one of the lucky few that got tickets for vicar st I'd be really pissed off-it would've been great to see him in such an intimate venue!

Still at least more people get to enjoy the gig now :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 TRUEBLUE22

The Sunday Times were calling him a genius earlier in the year, which can only forewarn his drift into mediocrity...

Yeah unfortunately i have to agree with you. He's been on top of the pops (graveyard of the talentless) and FM104 recently. Reckon i should enjoy "on and on" and "inaudible melodies" while i still can cos in 2yrs we could be talking about him in tones reserved for that twat robbie williams (though thats probably overly harsh)

I really liked all of his albums so far but i think in between dreams is my fave at the moment! got my ticket so I'm chuffed!!!! can't wait now!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 140 ✭✭irishraven

Should be a great gig! I have 4 Pitt tickets in the point! Can't wait...

Support is Matt Costa and he is amazing, I have the album "Songs we sing" - check out a song called "Astair" - really good, I'm so happy that the support act is gonna be of such high quality!:D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16 TRUEBLUE22

Seriously are you a manager in dunnes? I was in there yesterday and true enough they were playing jack johnson, i had to try and not run out screaming. Quite prophetic all the same....

Any hear the song "Rainbow" by G-Love and Jack Johnson? Its on the Thicker than water soundtrack...very very good!!!

I wonder if JJ and Matt Costa will do any duets at the gig?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,667 ✭✭✭MartMax

it's happening!

got my 2-tickets from ticketmaster last week in the post.

ordered jj & friends dvd from cdwow few days back, will get soon!

can't wait, february is not that far away thou!

:D

mart_max wrote:
    it's happening!

got my 2-tickets from ticketmaster last week in the post.

ordered jj & friends dvd from cdwow few days back, will get soon!

can't wait, february is not that far away thou!

:D

haha I know right! I ordered mine DVD too, can't wait!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,443 ✭✭✭cartman

brushfire fairytales is ****in class album, would love to go to his concert, ****in legend with the lyrics

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,667 ✭✭✭MartMax

irishraven wrote:
    haha I know right! I ordered mine DVD too, can't wait!

yay! got it today! just on the day i finished my exams! purffect! :D

saw the first disc... live in greek, i can tell ya it was a great show.
    the atmosphere was so good, especially if one went wt girlfriend. :p

now can't really wait for feb... i definitely go...
    another ticket for a lucky person.. i dunno who yet
    but i better fast find a girlfriend!.. anyone fancy me n my ticket to JJ ? :p

Mine just arrived, be there when i get home!

I have 4 tickets for the Pitt for Dublin and I'd love to sell them to friends at face value but as i Paid 175 a tickets, I'm afraid I'm gonna have to try get as close to that back even though I am sure to make a loss!!!

Watched the double DVD set last night....WOW!!!! Best money ever spent!!!

Matt Costa is going to be awesome as support and Jack in front of the big audience....AMAZING....the songs seem to carry really well no matter how big the venue with everyone singing along....

I highly recommend this;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 367 ✭✭40crush41

nice, Jack Johnson fans -good stuff. Would love to see him live, so those enjoying.... enjoy!

and u may be interested in this site ... http://www.archive.org/audio/etreelisting-browse.php?cat=Jack%20Johnson
    there are all the years to his shows taped, perhas overwhelming, but worth it.. oh and its LEGAL! and what not, just don't wanna get in trouble ;)

umm, and ur prob gonna need some file convertors, so if u have any questions about that just let me know :)

Hope this is news, ah how I love this fella =)
    Peace

thanks a million for the link ;-)

Can't wait for the two gigs i'm going to! I'll be seeing him twice in 3 days!!!

• Advertisement

anytime -its my pleasure =)

and Luccccccccckky! those are gonna be some awesome 3 days -have crazy amounts of fun, okay? haha

Hey, you seem like a big Dave Matthews fan...have you seen them live before? I take it you have?

I would love them to come here, I am sure they would be well received. I have every album and i'm working my way through all the live ones although it seems like there are endless amounts! haha

anyone else along the same lines that you like that I might not have heard of?

I am listening to alot of David Jackson Project, Matt Wertz and Tim Brantely at the moment!

later...

Heh, I suppose it might be said that I'm a fan of dmb *grins*
    Yes indeed, I've been lucky enough to see em 4 times full band, dave and friends, and super lucky to see dave and tim. so yea, they're my favorite band. I really hope that they get their butts in gear and get over to Ireland, from what I hear theres a decent amount of fans and ya know, fair is fair.

Sure, I'll think up a little list that you hopefully deem worthy of checking out .. letsee how good I am at this game :)
    The Flecktones: incredible band/musicians, simply Love them.
    Phish: Prob thee jam band to know. Very talented bunch with an insane following. im not all that familiar with their material (they have tons) but im working on it =).
    OAR: very popular band that a lot of dmb fans follow. i like what i hear when i hear it, but tbh idk them that well.
    Dispatch: Learning more bout them now, and Loving it. rock/reggae/funk -need i say more?
    Garden State Soundtrack: Anyone from it is worth a shot, Zach Braff found some great music for that movie. Joshua Radin (not from gs) but his name is worth noting, singer songwriter type.

and that should keep you busy for now :)
    ah yea, G. Love and Special Sauce, I saw them open for dmb this summer. Funky Band, they have a upright bass, thought it was impressive. Cool to know that they did something with jj.
    also thanks for those names -i know i'll check em out :)

Peace, Love, and hope the show(s) are off the hook everyone, later ~Beth

yeah thats mad! I think anyone that gets into jj also gets into those bands you've mentioned.

My friend in the states always tells me to check out OAR and dispatch...I've heard a few OAR songs "crazy game of poker" is a deadly song, G love are cool! haven't heard much phish...taj mahal is cool though.....Garden state soundtrack is something else so many good tunes on it! nice chilled out music!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,010 ✭✭✭besty

Dave Matthews Band are incredible. Can't wait for the JJ gig though, got one of the original Vicar St. tickets so pissed off it was moved, but still, I get to see him so I'm happy:D

The good news is...we are in the PIT!!!

Besty -I Love Signiture.

I Love people with a good taste in music.

when is this show? if its mentioned a few posts up .. sorry.. I did glance through.. but I'm lazy enough to have missed it =P

Jason Mraz - Dublin - 14th Feb
    Jack Johnson - Dublin - 22nd Feb
    Jack Johnson - Manchester - 24th Feb
    Jason Mraz - Manchester - 5th March

I'm going to them all!!! Can't wait! If anyone is stuck for tickets on the night to J. Mraz PM me closer to the gig as I am on the guest list and have a spare ticket!

oooOOO man! -that is sweetness. I can see that '06 is already treating you well ;) Those are the best times of years when you luck out with a bunch of concerts, goood times. nah, havn't experienced that often.. but I have been lucky to experienced it :)
    Jason Mraz -I've liked a lot of his stuff.. I should listen to him more. Hear he puts on a heck of a gig.

Peace!

• Advertisement

didn't even know j mraz was playin in ireland thats crazy...he's got some good tunes!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 936 ✭✭✭marshmallow

Got Jack Johnson's album for Christmas. Love it. I don't play guitar but the acoustics sound quite mellow. Easy chords put together to make a good sound, correct me if I'm wrong..

Overall, think he's very good! Real laidback kinda feeling.

Got Jack Johnson's album for Christmas. Love it. I don't play guitar but the acoustics sound quite mellow. Easy chords put together to make a good sound, correct me if I'm wrong..

Overall, think he's very good! Real laidback kinda feeling.

You are so right and I totally recommend his live DVD which I picked up on cdwow for about 15 euro!! Matt Costa plays on it also and he is amazing!!!!

Its called live at the Greek & live in Japan - I can't say enough about this 2 disk set...money very well spent!

Anyone here like "Astair" by Matt Costa? I've never looked forward to a support act as much as i have this guy!!!

mada999 wrote:
    didn't even know j mraz was playin in ireland thats crazy...he's got some good tunes!

Are you gonna go to the gig?

There are a bunch of people I know going, i really pray it doesn't get swithced to the village!!!

I'm thinking...gig of the year!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,823 ✭✭✭neacy69

I take you mean the album "brushfire fairytales"????? linky
    no album by the name of inaudilble melodies....

that is correct about the album name...alot of peeps i know get that wrong for some reason!!!

So how many of you are going to this gig? Who is sitting and who is standing? anyone here joining me in the pitt? anyone stuck for tickets?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,823 ✭✭✭neacy69

i'll be there just got tickets for christmas of the gf can't wait.... is the support act any good? @irishraven how you gonna get into the pit?

Hey,

Anyone who has the original tickets for the Vicar Street gig (standing) are allowed into the gig 15mins before the rest and automatic entry to the pit!

Matt Costa who is the support act is absolutely unreal!!! No kidding, i would have paid any amount to see him on his own! 2 for 1 is a great deal, i just pray he plays the song "Astair"

see ya there!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 42 Insert name____

irishraven wrote:
    Hey,

Anyone who has the original tickets for the Vicar Street gig (standing) are allowed into the gig 15mins before the rest and automatic entry to the pit!

Matt Costa who is the support act is absolutely unreal!!! No kidding, i would have paid any amount to see him on his own! 2 for 1 is a great deal, i just pray he plays the song "Astair"

see ya there!

Surely all of us with tickets for vicar st cant fit into the pit...can we?? :confused:

:)

Anyone with standing tickets are in the Pit for the point and anyone with seating tickets for vicar street are in prime seats at the point!

I wouldn't have believed it either but thats what it says on the website!:D

I'll be there so damn early to make sure i'm in the Pit! Since we are being allowed in 15 mins earlier it shouldn't be a problem!

Advertisement