Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

€100 funfest!

• 28-10-2005 1:46am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,420 ✭✭✭

Right,

I have discussed this earlier with sniipe and also previously with Syxpak, however, Sniipe did have a great idea, that was to base a competition on an entirely new game or a game that no one has any form of skill advantage in.

Now, we skimped on one prize at the last lan (you can blame me) to allow for this one. Afaik, we should have €100 worth of gamestop vouchers to give away for a competition, now i dont know about yee, but i wouldn't mind winning that much, would pay for some more psp games or a damn good deposit on an xbox360 :D

Anywho, Myself and Rory shall announce the game after the lan starts tomorrow. I have 3 i my mind but one was mentioned recently. These games would probably require participation from everyone for maximum enjoyment, so the large prize will hopefully allow for this.

*Only one person shall win the prize* Splitting the prize 50:50 or even between 5 people is just lame, this is poker type stuff, winner takes all!

Also to be noted, I am going to petition to have some greater prizes for the next lan. IF this one goes well and we get to have a 60+ person lan or higher then there is no reason for us not to try give what we mentioned earlier, which would be a large cash prize, idealy something like €1000 . anywho, yee can all talk about these topics during break time in the bar :D

This is looking to be a very decent lan!

p.s. I shall be sorting the rooms tomorrow, the start time is 8pm, however, those of you who have my number can TXT ME BEFORE THEN to see if anythings ready. Please dont show up at 8am like the last lan since i wont entertain you as i shall have enough work to do.

ttyt

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,146 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

Reach around eh?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭Sniipe

Doodee wrote:
    *Only one person shall win the prize* Splitting the prize 50:50 or even between 5 people is just lame, this is poker type stuff, winner takes all!
    hehe, the voucher was split up over 5 people...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

And it was CS...hardly a game where there's no-one at an advantage ;)

I reckon we should run emu games. Find some simple puzzle games or something, obscure little shooters and see who can pick up and play the best.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,945 ✭✭✭Anima

Me, Drake, Caliden and Sin played Mega Bomberman a few times. Would have been a good tourney game imo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,420 ✭✭✭Doodee

Sniipe wrote:
    hehe, the voucher was split up over 5 people...

and no one consulted me..

Tsk tsk

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

You were getting the ride.

Advertisement