Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best Irish players

Options
  • 28-10-2005 4:43am
    Registered Users Posts: 852 ✭✭✭

Wondering who the best Irish bf2 players are? I've 1000 points and don't think I'm in the running for best Irish bf2 player :)http://bf2stats.nsvr.info/player/49051623/

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,696 Mod ✭✭✭✭Silverfish

• Registered Users Posts: 3,594 ✭✭✭forbairt

1000 points .. well it all really depends on when you started play doesn't it ...

I'm on a break for 2+ weeks at the moment so thats time I'm not increasing my score ... hadda uninstall it ... it was affecting work :eek:

guess what you really wanna ask is who's got the most points ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 307 ✭✭Haket

Woo hoo, 17th !, anyone know how many players there are with Irish tags ?. I see Johnski and Berns high there, well done boys.

I'm on 18,663 points but its not showing up on that list at all.

My clan account is showing up though on a measly 9,021 points. :(

Be nice if I could amalagamate the two accounts and get 27,684 points. Or at least be recognised in the first place. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 4,331 ✭✭✭Keyzer

Don't flame me on this but I don't think the amount of points you have is indicative of how good a player you are.

Yes, its a part of "how good a player is" but some people play a lot more than others i.e I limit myself to 2 games per night, anymore and I'd be at the pc all day so I'm not gonna rack up the same amount of points as someone else.

And I also like to hang back and protect flags too, so I don't usually rack up a huge amount of points but I like to think I am effective in winning maps.

For example, last night on TIG, Songhua Stalemate playing as US.
    I took the farthest Chinese flag, and kept blowing the commander assets.
    Successfully defended the flag a few times and got some kills along the way.
    I'd like to think that me blowing the arty and stopping the opposition commander showering us with arty helped the rest of my team (it didnt, cos we lost in the end)....

Anyway, thats my 5 yen worth....

• Advertisement

Yeah you're absolutely right and I'm sure no-one would really argue the point with you, but nice to know where you stand ..OR NOT in my case.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,997 ✭✭✭jaggeh

im the best

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,613 ✭✭✭Big Nelly

jaggeh wrote:
    im the best

Im not even on the list!! :mad: ....where do you get the time man!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭irlrobins

Guess I've got some way to go....

• Registered Users Posts: 6,393 ✭✭✭jonski

Time , it's more about time than skill tbh , I play it way too much due to being out of work on extended sick leave . But for me it's more social and filling my day talking to ppl on TS , I have always said that my main game is TS , you should see my global score for that :) .

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,263 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

jaggeh wrote:
    im the best

Apparently it's someone called revalco, who I've never heard of before. I'm not on the list either.

jonski wrote:
    Time , it's more about time than skill tbh , I play it way too much due to being out of work on extended sick leave . But for me it's more social and filling my day talking to ppl on TS , I have always said that my main game is TS , you should see my global score for that :) .

Yeah time if the main thing! if you play long enough you are bound to be up near the top! even if your not the best player around! I just dont have the time anymore....got in about 2-3 hrs last night for the first time in ages!! prob Sunday evening now before I get another chance!!:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

You have to register with the site in order to be listen afaik.
    So it only shows the best Irish players who have signed up.

Clearly why I'm not at the top.

Well it says your location is "The Door"....is that cause your head got stuck in it when you tried to walk thru??????? lol!!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

Banned.

Banned.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,918 ✭✭✭Deadwing

Yeah i signed up to see if id be on it, but even tho my global score was enough to put me in around the 1st 20 or 30 players it didnt show up. BFtracks was the best way of monitoring players back in the days of bfv..seems like in bf2 you can get different stats from different sites in some cases

Deadwing wrote:
    Yeah i signed up to see if id be on it, but even tho my global score was enough to put me in around the 1st 20 or 30 players it didnt show up. BFtracks was the best way of monitoring players back in the days of bfv..seems like in bf2 you can get different stats from different sites in some cases

I use this site, found it to be best and updated well!!!

http://bf2s.com/player/(NRG)Big_Nelly/

Thats my stats! nothing special:mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

copy and paste the top irish players into a list?

kdjac

• Closed Accounts Posts: 900 ✭✭✭Dr_MaSoN

aye..as the lads sayes just coz u have the most points doesnt mean u are a better player...just u play more :D ...unless the person is ompletley ****e:eek:

my score is below..i usually play as a sniper and dont get much points:)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 307 ✭✭Haket

Its all true, it depends on what you consider the sign of a good player is, k/d ratio, team points, best round score, amount of gold medals, accuracy etc etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,997 ✭✭✭jaggeh

im still the best

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,918 ✭✭✭Deadwing

DOD:s has beene ating into my time too much for my score to have gone up much in the last few weeks. Also every time i play it seems like i get one good round, then the map changes to clean sweep and i think 'F*ck this, i hate clean sweep' and bugger off to play more dod :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 931 ✭✭✭c0y0te

Well - I reckon I'm a decent enough player. You will find me on the servers as ...

c0y0te[IRL]

... and my current score is around 25K points, just chasing down the last of my veteran badges. I play all roles, depending on the situation and need. Nearly always a squad lead and/or commander. Very rarely lonewolf unless I'm chasing a crazy badge (like veteran knife) where it would be a disadvantage to be part of a team.

I don't know if this places me in any top list or not.. but I'm still loving this game months after purchase which is a first for me. My attention span usually vanishes after a while, but this one keeps me coming back for more mayhem and chaos.:D

It doesn't take that long to sign up :p

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 449 ✭✭Airblazer

just when i was thinking i was great at no.38 until i saw that it only counts those who've registered...i think in BFHQ it says what your rank is in your country..
    not bad for someone only playing about 6 hours a week...need my 3mb line fast to jack up those scores

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,221 ✭✭✭✭m5ex9oqjawdg2i

Yea that would be a good idea but obviously it wouldn't be the best list as alot of people are not showing up.

I am 40th on the list, but at least I am on it. :) Play on average 2 1/2 hours a day... I have 11,552 points at the moment. IMHO I think I am doing pretty well, getting on average about 50 or 60 points per round ATM.

My strategy differs from server to server, and who exactly is on that server.

With good players on the server I would normally go for the chopper and give cover fire.

With bad players I leave air vehicals and capture flags. I would sometimes protect flags but concentrate on capturing them.

I would really like to see more people on the list as it's not exactly the most accurate list.

I've lodged a support ticket with Bf2tracker to see if I can be added to the ratings, and EA games ( progress to next rank has been showing 0% since the patch, bf2tracker.com has me at 89%) so today's been productive.

Silverfish wrote:
    progress to next rank has been showing 0% since the patch, bf2tracker.com has me at 89%) so today's been productive.

Is this not a case of two the same ranks but one requires you to have certain badges , therefore you have enough points to reach the rank and poor BF2 don't know what to do ie: " ok they have enough points to reach first sergeant but not the full badge requirement , so the next rank is first sergeant so they are at 100% , but I can't make them first sergeant cause , and , but , so , or , but , maybe , just , lemme , " until you pc overheats and blows up killing everyone within a mile radius , converted to euro's @ a rate of 68:100 or .68:1 , witha fallout radius of 10 square miles , converted to euro's = 50 quid plus change .

Which all results in............................... a piece of cheese this lenght in colour on tuesdays after 12 midnight .

Viola !

No need to thank me , honest
    your welcome
    John

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,221 ✭✭✭✭m5ex9oqjawdg2i

What the hell are you talking about???

Anyway you also need the basic knife, pistol and explosive badges to progress me thinks. I am in the same boat. :)

Advertisement