Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best Irish players

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 307 ✭✭Haket

Nah, looks like you get promoted to M.Sarg at 20k without the badges or 1st Sarge at 20k with them. If you get them later you dont change rank. Its one or the other.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,696 Mod ✭✭✭✭Silverfish

Oh sh** you are completely right. Omg the embarrassment. There's some guy in EA support now scratching his head looking at my report going '.....f**king noobs.....'
    emot-gonk.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,221 ✭✭✭✭m5ex9oqjawdg2i

So which would be the better to get? I mean is it worth getting the badges to get 1st sergant? Is that a higher rank than master? I'm guessing it is.

I already have the basic knife and pistol. The basic explosive badge seems impossible to get. 13 kills with C4, Claymore or mines... Anyone got this? Have any tips as to what's the best tactic??? Cheers...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,331 ✭✭✭Keyzer

So which would be the better to get? I mean is it worth getting the badges to get 1st sergant? Is that a higher rank than master? I'm guessing it is.

I already have the basic knife and pistol. The basic explosive badge seems impossible to get. 13 kills with C4, Claymore or mines... Anyone got this? Have any tips as to what's the best tactic??? Cheers...

Strap C4 to a jeep and drive into something with the enemy in it, then detonate...

Repeats 12 times....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 307 ✭✭Haket

Nope same level rank but different "career path" so to speak. Only diff is the icon really, although I prefer the 1st Sgnt one :-( I'd consider the 1st Sgnt to be a little more impressive. Same diff if applying to be commander, its the global score which dictates AFAIK.

The exposives is a little tricky, easiest way I found was play MEC spec ops in Karkand, lay traps in the alleys and badabing. Keep the c4 in sight and hit the little red button when you see a yank. Best to do at the start of a round when you get lots of targets and the commander usually UAVs the area constantly.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,485 ✭✭✭Berns

Seen some tactics of ppl takin chopper & goin into enemy base & layin mines under the vehicles. Kill once some1 moves it, but prob be just the one kill. If strap c4 can wait till get a few in & then blow it. Think i used a combination of mines when i got it. Karkand can be good for claymores at the start if can get the guys to stop runnin out till the line of fire. Bound to get a few like :p

No No wait, Jonski, I'm right!!

I'm a gunnery sergeant on 18,701 points, next rank at 20,000 points, give or take a biscuit. ( either master sergeant or first sergeant if I have all the basic medals).

So, I am at 89% towards that - but BFHQ is still showing 0%.

Strange, is anyone else showing at 0%? Could be a glitch, I noticed this ever since I got the lastpatch.

Which career path is the best? What ranks go with what? Thanks... :)

I'd imagine getting all the medals would give you a better career path. But according to Here it doesn't seem to matter.

Its actually the second glitch I've had on this account, first glitch showed my stats as being 12 digit numbers since I started until about 3 weeks later.
    No-one else seems to be having the 0% progress problems though.

Sucks to be me.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,393 ✭✭✭jonski

I also have the 0% progress , but I am presuming mine is to do with the Master sergeant versus first sergeant . I have since got all the badges needed but still have not progressed .

• Advertisement

Well I have 0% also... and the 12 digit glitch was something everyone had to deal with at the start, I guess it was just EA sorting your stuff out???

• Registered Users Posts: 6,374 ✭✭✭Gone West

Erm....
    "I have a larger e-penis than you, etc"

The best way to see who has the most skill in a game(not distinction between skill and time); is to all have a lan party, have a good few games, and just note the top couple of players from each round and average it out.

This will give you the best *individual* players. Not those who play as a team. Good for the individual, yet bad for the collective, and all that.

Good idea, but it can be very difficult to judge someone over a few games. Althought it will give a fair idea. Scores don't exactly mean anything, the time one would spend on BF2 could be alot more than another, obviously.

Then ther's the whole thing of being on a rubbish team as this deffinately defines whether or not you get a decent score.

Couldn't we rent out a server and have some sort of a tournament on that? Have it password protected or something? Then we could see who the top players are on boards.ie or something? Just an idea...

Irish rankings

Woot fixed, I'm now ranked, still no response from EA though.

Looks better there thoughTeamwork Scores

Good idea, but it can be very difficult to judge someone over a few games. Althought it will give a fair idea. Scores don't exactly mean anything, the time one would spend on BF2 could be alot more than another, obviously.

Then ther's the whole thing of being on a rubbish team as this deffinately defines whether or not you get a decent score.

Couldn't we rent out a server and have some sort of a tournament on that? Have it password protected or something? Then we could see who the top players are on boards.ie or something? Just an idea...

Not really interested to be honest.
    I'm happy with how I'm playing at the moment...
    Getting decent scores with decent KD ratios plus helping my team..
    Example - playing a wake map tonight and the only other dude in my squad kept finding me and picking me up in what ever vehicle he was in and I did likewise, together (just 2 of us) we were pretty effective and it was very nice to know someone had my back and I assume it was likewise for him....

• Registered Users Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

In conclusion; I've a bigger cock, cuter girlfriend and larger trust fund than the rest of you plebs.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭irlrobins

I want photos of all three to prove it!

Ok maybe just a pic of number 2 will do.

SyxPak wrote:
    In conclusion; I've a bigger cock, cuter girlfriend and larger trust fund than the rest of you plebs.

Well if you're including me, then I should hope so ;)

This either had to be a one liner post, or else a very long, and very detailed explanation.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,393 ✭✭✭jonski

Silverfish wrote:

This either had to be a one liner post, or else a very long, and very detailed explanation.

I would have been interested to read that though , with maybe some sample photo's to prove any points made .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 273 ✭✭RapierX

ive more kills than that revalco guy, again my stats arent on there

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

I have the biggest penis.

/me waves the ban stick

• Registered Users Posts: 852 ✭✭✭DannyD

Silverfish wrote:
    Thanks, Wow 55,275 is the best .ie player !

jonski wrote:
    I would have been interested to read that though , with maybe some sample photo's to prove any points made .

Jonski, as you took the time to clarify to me the issue with my stats, I feel I should return the favour.

If you would like to look at the link in my sig, this contains many references to me not being male, therefore not having the appendage dicussed above, much less a 'large'one ( despite my prowess on the battlefield - it is understandable how you made this error, however I will attempt to explain) . It also contains references to my significant other, who is not 'a girl' so therefore is not and can not be compared to the abovementioned girlfriend. He would also be the most vocal about the issue if I were to have the above appendage, large or indeed, small. I requested a cert from my GP, he assures me he'll send it as soon as he stops laughing long enough to hold a pen. He then hung up rather abruptly I thought.

The above link also provides frequent references to Credit card crisis, towering bank loans to purchase cars, computers, and of course, shoes. Now, as I am above the age of 18/21/25 ( ages most frequently required to access trust funds) and I still need to borrow money for cars, computers and shoes,and frequently bemoan the fact that someone, somewhere seems to have another passcard on my account, this would prove I don't have a trust fund....and indeed, as with the first point above, much less a 'large' one.

Unfortunately, as there is an issue with photopost at the moment, it is not currently possible to provide photographic evidence, although I do have people working on rectifying this at the moment, as they understand your concerns. Unfortunately, I cannot provide photographic evidence of the non-existence of a cuter, or indeed any girlfriend, and the non-existence of a large, or indeed any trust fund, as it is extremely difficult to prove the non-existence of something through photography. Perhaps some screenshots of my credit card balance and bank details, and even our latest gas bill which made me believe we are singlehandedly powering the Olympic Torch, would suffice.

So, in conclusion, Syxpak does indeed have, while not neccessary better, but just versions, as it were, of what I do not have.

In response to everyone else, I do feel at this point it is necessary to put your large trust fund money where your apparently equally large mouth is, and register to BF2tracker ( unfortunately, size is not one of the stats recorded - how could this be? I have lodged a helpdesk ticket on your behalf ).

Any further queries will be adressed to the best of my ability, or else perhaps dealt with by a nine iron delivered so hard to the back of the head that your eyeballs fly forty yards, depending on the mood ( further proof that I am in fact female, I should think).

Anyway, sorry for the intrusion on size comparisons, please resume.

Anyone else find it weird theres no female characters in BF2?

Bikini clad hoochies with big bazookas, mmmmm, thats what im talking about.
    If only EA took some time to read my posts....

They value the opinions of their customers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 850 ✭✭✭Instant Karma

i think they should make the grenade launchers more powerful

i think they should make the grenade launchers more powerful

Yeah, being able to kill people with one shot is piss poor....

• Registered Users Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

I dont have time to read the whole thread, but I was wondering. Does anyone not think its a bit silly top use rankings as a measurement of who is the "best"? Surely its just a measurement of whos been playing the longest, which is by no means the same thing.

• Advertisement

Yeah, I'm currently working on a program which will work out teamwork + combat score over time played minus teamkills which should give a number based on overall performance.

In my head.

Advertisement