Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Linksys wireless router.. very quick question

• 28-10-2005 10:46am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,758 ✭✭✭

http://www.komplett.ie/k/ki.asp?sku=306148&view=detailed

Can someone settle a discussion for me.

The above router has 802.11B/G and Access Point built in. Also integrated DHCP. I believe that multiple wireless clients can connect to the router and use the web connection whereas my brother beleives due to the fact the specs say '1 x network - Radio-Ethernet' that only one wireless client will be able to connect.

Anyone care to comment?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭irlrobins

Smack your bro for making such a ridiculous statement... :D

There is a limit to the number of wireless clients it can handle but it think its at least 250... I have one of these sharing an IBB connection. Works great.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,396 ✭✭✭✭Karoma

just read this one now... :D
    it can definitely handle more than 1 client.. it can,in theory handle, hundreds. in practice: you're best to limit it to <10 clients (of course-a client could be an Access Point.. really best to keep it small though)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,165 ✭✭✭Stky10

Your bandwidth will be shared between the number of people connected. So if there are only 2 hosts connected you'll have decent performance. If there are 10 hosts connected then things will be relatively slow.

Set it up with a WPA key and MAC address filtering to limit the number of people who can connect. Don't have it like in Galway, where from my house I can see four wireless networks, three with no security and one with WEP which I could hack in 5 mins if I was so inclined.

Advertisement