Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircom responsibility to customers

Options
  • 20-09-2001 11:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11,205 ✭✭✭✭

I had what I consider to be a disturbing conversation with a family friend who was considering getting ADSL for his kids to use. His kids were suggesting it would save on a (large) phone bill. Not very technically literate, hadn't a clue what I was talking about when I mentioned a 3gb download limit.

There must be *lots* of people out there who will be put in this situation. It's easy to understand per minute charging for dial up connections, but what are Eircom going to say to these people when they get their first £260 bill for an extra 10gb of downloaded pokemon movies and mp3s?

Of course knowing Eircom they probably couldn't care less.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 136 ✭✭NeilF

Originally posted by hmmm
    There must be *lots* of people out there who will be put in this situation. It's easy to understand per minute charging for dial up connections, but what are Eircom going to say to these people when they get their first £260 bill for an extra 10gb of downloaded pokemon movies and mp3s?

Phone calls to the Joe Duffy show :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 74 ✭✭o_donnel_abu

Originally posted by hmmm
    ...Not very technically literate, hadn't a clue what I was talking about when I mentioned a 3gb download limit.

...when they get their first £260 bill for an extra 10gb

Hadn't thought about this and it frightens me.

If people sign up to this and get unexpected large bills, whta will it do to image of Internet in general and broadband in particular :(

Good point to take up in our political lobbying.

Martin

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭pertinax

maybe joe soap will be angry at eircom more than the internet in general. high costs might make people stay away indeed but not if the media (& iofl with a prod) do their job of making it clear where the blame should be put.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 186 ✭✭R. Daneel Olivaw

Look I don't know what you'll talking about. 3GB should be enough for anyone.....now where's my 640k stick of SDRAM...........

Advertisement