Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

kluivert is a genius

Options
  • 28-10-2005 10:56am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,202 ✭✭✭

Wonder can someone help ;)

When I did my tax return last year (for 2003) as a self-employed person, i informed the revenue commissioners on the form that my self-employed status finished that year. I began PAYE work in March of 2004 (did no work for the first three months of the year) yet they're looking for me to fill in a tax return for 2004. Is this normal? Will I have to fill in these tax returns (it's a real pain in the ass) from now on even though I'm now PAYE?

I've tried emailing the revenue about this but they haven't responded.

Thanks for your taxation knowledge - oh, supreme accounting guru.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,747 ✭✭✭Figment

Phone them. Its easy to get through and they are very helpful.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭kluivert

Was the advise i gave correct?!?

Fill in the F11 if you wish just completing PAYE section which should be the same as your P60. Did you write a letter stating that you are a paye worker.

Ringing them would be the better option though, ring your local tax district office and inform them of the error.

E-mailing the revenue is a waste of time - 6/8 weeks till they reply.

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭karangka

Just fill your form 11 for 2004 and then fill in tax cancellation form. Here is the link.

www.revenue.ie/forms/cancel.pdf

You don't have to fill another form 11 then. Hope this help.

If you need further help, just PM me.

Good luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭Milkman

I was self employed for a year. Filled in all the forms, paid the tax, moved to PAYE 7 years ago.
    And no matter how many times I go down to the Tax office, I still get ' you must pay your tax bill soon' letters.
    Every Year I remind them that I no longer am self employed, every year they go 'oh sorry, we'll take you off that system' and every year without fail I recieve threatening letters about not paying Tax..

After 7 years of annual trips down to them, hours on the phone, and countless insistances that it was all sorted out....

Now I just ignore them...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,202 ✭✭✭Tazz T

I'll try that form Karangka - thanks!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭kluivert

I believe my intial advise was to tick the box on the form 11 "Review of prior Year". This must been ticked if you have changed your accounting year end or you have "ceased trading". Must be ticked under S65 TCA 1997 and S67 TCA 1997.

RTFQ.....

Advertisement