Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rome : BBC2 on Wed. 2nd

Options
  • 28-10-2005 12:10pm
    Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,703 Mod ✭✭✭✭

http://www.bbc.co.uk/drama/rome/
    This looks to be interesting. How historical it will should be matter of debate with a recent article by Tom Holland debunking alot of premises behind the series. But for entainment value, seems watchable.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,310 ✭✭✭OfflerCrocGod

It's getting good reviews in the US but it's not raved about - it seems it starts of a bit slow but then it gets better.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 348 ✭✭KnowItAll

It should be interesting. Looks good from the ads anyway!

• Registered Users Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

I've watched the first 8 episodes and I find it quite enjoyable, if not somewhat inaccurate, but who cares, its TV :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 sweetiepie83

Does anyone know if the first episode of the bbc drama Rome is going to be repeated?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,703 Mod ✭✭✭✭Manach

At the credits, I think it was mentioned that it will be repeated Sunday night?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 354 ✭✭punka

It's repeated Sunday at 11.15 on BBC1

I really enjoyed it, and to be honest so far the historical inaccuracies haven't really been noticeable enough to bother me. The dialogue could do with a bit of work, though.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,685 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

http://www.hbo.com/rome/cast/character/octavia.html

Kerry Condon is an irish actress from my home town, i'm mates with her brother.

random bit of trivia.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,609 ✭✭✭comet

Caught the repeat last night, thought it was very good, will definitely keep watching anyway. Egypt is a good show too. A double dose of historical drama on the BBC on a Sunday night.

Advertisement