Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Scandal from the boards meet up!

Options
  • 28-10-2005 12:35pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7,551 ✭✭✭

Thought i better give the lowdown on what happened at the boards meetup yesterday.So eventually found kittenkiller,zane and humbert all huddled together at the pool tables-great turn out!Captain red eye was there too and then a few other randomers.Had the boards pool tournament with the girls versus the boys.Of course us girls won by a mile while zane kept on making excuses for his bad pool playing-no the table wasnt wonky zane:p Was only planning on staying for one cos had an exam this morning but you can never just stay for one in the student bar!Found out the republic of loose was playing and i know the lead singer so me and kittenkiller were allowed inside while they were warming up-totally schmoozed!Then we got the rest of the boardies on the guest list so decided to go to the gig.It was a great gig-jeez there such a good band live and supports were brill too.The revs last week paled in comparison.It all gets a bit hazy after this-damn 3euro fosters was working its magic!Anyway ended up in coppers im ashamed to say-classy end to the night!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,051 ✭✭✭BKtje

Which pool table were ya on outta interest. I had a looka round but didnt know anyone/ recognise anyone from the descriptions so i ran off again.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,750 ✭✭✭ghostchant

I was at the republic of loose gig too ...was such a great gig

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,551 ✭✭✭panda100

We was at the pool table beside the guys jacks where the dart board is in the far corner.but then moved down to the round table right in front of the bar for the loose gig.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,433 ✭✭✭kittenkiller

I discovered moshing and develpoed alcoholic bulemia late into the night.
    Great!

I'm only remembering how to type/breathe/move around now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,894 ✭✭✭Chinafoot

Sounds like a good night so. Pity about the turn out.

• Advertisement

HEY!!
    I'll have you know that i more than made up for anyone who didn't turn up!!!

Moshing, with my hair?
    What was i thinking!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,894 ✭✭✭Chinafoot

HEY!!
    I'll have you know that i more than made up for anyone who didn't turn up!!!

Moshing, with my hair?
    What was i thinking!

hahaha aww Jen you truly are a Leg End. :D

I reckon Thursday 17th for the Porterhouse. Thats just under 3 weeks notice.

What say ye?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭irlrobins

Scandal??? where's the scandal in all of that! ;-)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,051 ✭✭✭BKtje

We was at the pool table beside the guys jacks where the dart board is in the far corner.
    Hmmmm, i thought as much...
    I actually walked over and was gonna say hi and ask if it was you lot but then i chickened out and just kept walking :p

Whoever was sitting alone at the "table" when i walked past looked like he was having a great time tho ..i swear ;)

Ah theres always next time.

^^ Wasn't with us as far as i can remember.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,750 ✭✭✭ghostchant

I was in the second/third row or thereabouts for republic of loose...I'm still absolutely wrecked:)

• Registered Users Posts: 45,594 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Do another meet-up but make it obvious who you all are. Those of us who don't know what you look like are not going to fancy going up to strangers unless we're certain it's you.:o

Why not arrange to meet somewhere beforehand so we can be certain who you all are?

Just a thought. Glad you had a good time. Would have liked to be there. I love pool. And beer. And fun. But mostly beer.:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,689 ✭✭✭orangerooster

Just arrange to meet at the blob (or other meeting place) at a certain time completey disconnected to the beers just to get to know the faces or even better give each other phone numbers-very easy to ring someone and ask if their inside to come out front etc. Or post pictures (which I think has happened with some people)

I WILL be there for the one in the porterhouse I had all the intentions in the world of showing up for the one in the bar on Thurday but just went home due to tiredness. The 17th is a great date for the big beers, well I think it is also if small beers were to occur in the earlier hours of the weekdays in the run up I would certainly approve.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭Waltons

Yeah, hopefully the Porterhouse will have a good turnout. I also had intended going last night as well but my 11a turned into an 11 :(
    I like the idea of all meeting somewhere unconnected to the beers. Let the awkward mumbling commence! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 45,594 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Just arrange to meet at the blob (or other meeting place) at a certain time completey disconnected to the beers just to get to know the faces or even better give each other phone numbers-very easy to ring someone and ask if their inside to come out front etc. Or post pictures (which I think has happened with some people)

I WILL be there for the one in the porterhouse I had all the intentions in the world of showing up for the one in the bar on Thurday but just went home due to tiredness. The 17th is a great date for the big beers, well I think it is also if small beers were to occur in the earlier hours of the weekdays in the run up I would certainly approve.

The blob isn't a bad suggestion. I would be interested in meeting up for beers on either Tuesday or Wenesday as I'm always looking for time to kill on those days.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,124 ✭✭✭Jonny Arson

So Panda you wan't scandal...... YOU'VE GOT SCANDAL!!!....

Picture(5).jpg

:eek: :eek: :eek: Halloween has come early! :p

Ah good aul' fun it twas. I was just about to leave until I saw kk... thank lord I didn't since beating kk and panda so easily at pool is highly recommended! :D I'm worried about Seb tho'. I texted him wondering if he was going along and the homeless dude is quoted as saying ''Yeah... I'm walkin there now what about you?'' He never arrived! Poor show Seb, the shame! Even though there was 5 of us there it was good craic. Didn't know the Republic of Loose were playing so that was a nice surprise, they were fuggin' fantastic as were The Blizzards and I met a couple of crazy old schoolmates who I haven't seen for about a year which was nice.

Yeah I should have said something about making ourselves to be seen more visably. Oranges were suggested, nudity was suggested by someone else (oh no not me, I'm not a perv! :rolleyes: ). I was also thinking about maybe putting pics of ourselves on here so that you'll recognise faces.

Picture(9).jpg

Well that's me looking pissed and evil for starters! :D Gotta love my sh!tty cameraphone.

Advertisement