Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wanted: H&K USP9 9mm - Where to buy?

Options
  • 28-10-2005 1:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 408 ✭✭

Gathering up the last of the requirements for my 9mm licence & now need to buy the USP9 & get the serial number for the application.

Can anyone suggest where is the best place in Ireland / NI / Germany / Europe etc to get this? Who did you buy your Pistol from?

Any Dealers on Boards who want a sale?

I appreciate the sensitivity of the question so PM names & numbers instead if you like.

Any suggestions / help greatly appreciated!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 408 ✭✭Smirky

Nice one CivDev, some very well priced options there. I wondered about calling them & speaking English, so reassuring that they do.

Any idea what the drill is on this. Obviously I have to choose a gun, tell them I want it, get the serial number & apply to the Gardai. Do I pay in full & up front on order? If so, and I have problems or get refused the licence, what is the get out clause if I need to cancel the order? Is the money gone down the swanny or is there a cancellation charge?

Last question, and I'm just being cheeky here, any idea if those prices include the exporting or how much roughly extra would I need to allow for that?

Cheers for your fast & V V helpful response.

S

• Registered Users Posts: 3,057 ✭✭✭civdef

From experience with Frankonia (and from talking to Triebel, I understand they are about the same):

I rang up, placed an order and received an invoice with serial etc. I gave a credit card number when ordering, but it isn't charged untill the order ships, if the deal falls through, no charge. Frankonia were also understanding about the delays in licencing (moreso than many Irish dealers would be) and put no pressure on to hurry up.

The paperwork cost me €10, and the shipping €15.

Oh yeah, Triebel have a good online presence, but is a fairly small shop in reality. Frankonia are massive.

• Registered Users Posts: 381 ✭✭les45

Smikry, if you intend to shoot Practical Pistol the following H&K are on the current approved list for the production division
    USP, USP Compact, USP Custom Sport, USP9SD, VP70Z, P9S (only with 100mm barrel), P8, P2000

USP Tactical (40SW only)
    If you are shooting in the standard division make sure the proposed purchase fits in the " Box " the dealer will understand,

(PM me If you need any further info)

• Advertisement

@ CivDev Brilliant, I really was not sure if you got your cash back in the situation of a failed application. Unless anyone else posts a better local solution I reckon I will go with these guys! I now need to do my homework on how to get the article 7 but if memory serves me correctly, you just ask for this at the same time as applying for the licence. Do they both come at the same time or do you have to chase them up seperately?

@Les 45 Thanks for that, I saw a Practical Pistol demo last weekend & would be really interested in going down that road in the future, once I get my core target ability up to scratch. I am leaning towards the Custom Sport I would have to say, so good to know that it is approved in the production division. I hjave already found where to buy my RHT speed holster rig on-line for $250! :D

Once you get your licence, you're entitled to the Europass and Article 7, ask for them both when applying for the licence, and they should come back with it. You need to supply 2 passport pics with the Europass application.

• Registered Users Posts: 381 ✭✭les45

Smikry, I am glad you enjoyed the demo, we got a very good feedback on the day, best of luck with the new pistol.

Nice one guys, I have one local point of contact for a dealer, through a club member, so if I can give the business locally I will, otherwise CivDev the 2 options you gave are absolutely perfect & a great price on the Custom Sport!

@ Les45 - see you Sunday! Myself & my bro are coming up with the auld membership forms filled in & cash at the ready to join!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,843 ✭✭✭Clare gunner

Try www.Kettner.de as well.Kettner are Frankonias competitors and can be somtimes cheaper.One tip DO order both frankonias and Kettners paper catolouges.You will see why their online web pages are so skimpy.

• Advertisement
Advertisement