Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vets and house calls

• 28-10-2005 1:59pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 237 ✭✭

My cat has been sick for the last few days, and I want to bring her to a vet. She hates going though - are there any vets in Dublin who do house calls? Would it cost extra? Thanks a million...

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 103 ✭✭thatkindofgirl

Jesus, if your cat has been sick that long, get her to the vet asap. Doesn't matter if she's frightened...

Cats don't typically show symptoms til they are really quite sick.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 61 ✭✭lolo2

There are vets who do house calls, but it costs alot more. In any case, vets on a house call wont be able to carry out the tests they might need to, so you will probably have to bring her to the surgery anyway.

I know it can be a complete drama trying to bring your cat to the vet. Catch her with a towel to avoid getting maimed yourself! then put her into either a cat carrier (you can get these in argos) or a very secure box, (make sure there are airholes) - maybe you can get a friend to assist?. I hope its not anything serious with cat, but dont put off the vet in case its something serious. Best of luck!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 237 ✭✭Buddhapadge

I'm not too sure if it's serious... She has a slight loss of appetite, and she's drinking loads of water. I looked it up on the net, and it said something about feline diabetes, but she isn't depressed or losing hair, so I'm not sure. I just get worried about her - I'll bring her to the vet on Tuesday. In one of those Argos boxes. :)

Advertisement