Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Finally, a Stadium..

13»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭Töpher

Lemlin wrote:
    IMO I don't see how The Eircom League can prove to be so successful when the facilities at one of the best clubs aren't even on par with the lowest league in England.

I've also had first hand experience of the Shels alds and I'd see them as anything but professional in their attitude, as I mentioned above.

I think its unfair to comment how you think a League Two team would do in Europe. They don't have the chance to qualify.
    But its fair to slate the EL as worse than League Two?

Shels now have their own gym, and the reason they don't train at Tolka is to keep the pitch in a far greater condition than it would be if there was full training on it everyday. The pitch is like a fecking carpet, its beautiful! Thats a professional move by the management tbh. They are also in the process of planning a new stadium and training facilities project.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

Suppose yas are right. I don't watch the EL but, what I have seen of it, would turn me off watching it completely. I tried watch it but found the standard of football laughable, and worse than any League One or Two games I've seen.

What I found even more shocking was the attitude of some of the Shels players and how they were willing to act like that in front of students. I thought they'd at least try to put on a professional front but that wasn't the case.

That's my two cents anyway. My contribution here is over.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

Lemlin wrote:
    I tried watch it but found the standard of football laughable

:mad:

http://www.shelbournefc.ie/video/Scouse.rm

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,163 ✭✭✭Slash/ED

Lemlin wrote:
    Suppose yas are right. I don't watch the EL but, what I have seen of it, would turn me off watching it completely. I tried watch it but found the standard of football laughable, and worse than any League One or Two games I've seen.

What I found even more shocking was the attitude of some of the Shels players and how they were willing to act like that in front of students. I thought they'd at least try to put on a professional front but that wasn't the case.

That's my two cents anyway. My contribution here is over.

Yes if only they were the bastions of model professionalism that the brit footballers are so famous for being

And the stanrd is simply better than any league two team. There is no comparison, Europe, various players, results between them, everything backs that up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,163 ✭✭✭Slash/ED

MrJoeSoap wrote:

Ah sure any league two side would beat the Crotian champions and draw with Deportivo and Lille in competitive matches in the same season, while during the same season another one would destroy the Swedish champions of that season, knock out a Dutch league side and come close to knocking out a French league side from a european competition :rolleyes:

PHB wrote:
    And to make it even better, Hammond just put one past Ipswich

1-1 now. Sam Parkin.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,953 ✭✭✭blu_sonic

Slash/ED wrote:
    No but to say they'd do better than a championship side is laughable.

You're talking nonsense if you think a bloody gym is a reflection of standard of football. It's simple, facilities wise it's below, on the pitch wise it's better than anything on display in league one.

here here!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,198 ✭✭✭kensutz

Back on topic to MYOB, it's good to see that Brighton finally got the go ahead to build the new stadium. The Withdean is dreadful for atmosphere because of the running track built around the pitch which kills any singing/chanting etc. Been there and I have to say good riddance to it asap.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 128 ✭✭speriamo

I have nothing against anyone supporting any football team but it does stick in the craw when you have a guy who has never seen the sky over his local domestic team's ground "supporting" Brighton:rolleyes:

They do not seem to realise that if even a tenth of the money they spend on their english team was invested in their local club the whole league would flourish. They then have the nerve to slag off the EL:confused:

EL premier sides are a match for the first division sides in england. Anybody denying this knows nothing about the game here or anywhere. Granted facility wise they are light years ahead but not on the pitch.

2 years ago we beat a Polish team home and away in Europe. A few months after this Man City, with a squad valued at £60m, went out to a Polish side.......

Shels managed to score vs Lille (twice)... ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭Töpher

MrJoeSoap wrote:
    Shels managed to score vs Lille (twice)... ;)
    ZING! :D

Advertisement