Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Mayfly - New Vodafone add

• 28-10-2005 2:35pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,424 ✭✭✭

What a great add but would anyone know what the song is played in the background?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,172 ✭✭✭✭kmart6

Over on the Music board somebody has it down as The Love Song by K-OS

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,551 ✭✭✭panda100

Is a nice add but has nowt to do with mobile phones which is quite annoying-will our life be more fufilling or sumthing if we use our mobiles more is that what their saying?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,909 ✭✭✭✭Wertz

panda100 wrote:
    Is a nice add but has nowt to do with mobile phones which is quite annoying-will our life be more fufilling or sumthing if we use our mobiles more is that what their saying?

No it's saying "Live as if every day was your last.." implying that instead of worrying about next months bill from vodafone, you should simply call/text as many people as you can and talk to them for as long as you like and f*ck the consequences of silly mortal worries like bills and money.
    Why don't vodafone live as if everyday were their last and just lower their damn call tarrifs...I mean you can't take it with you :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,824 ✭✭✭robo

Yeh I have to say, saw it last night and it had me...was very well done. But for Vodafon...ugh!
    But great ad!
    Very thought provoking!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

Wertz wrote:
    No it's saying "Live as if every day was your last.." implying that instead of worrying about next months bill from vodafone, you should simply call/text as many people as you can and talk to them for as long as you like and f*ck the consequences of silly mortal worries like bills and money.
    Why don't vodafone live as if everyday were their last and just lower their damn call tarrifs...I mean you can't take it with you :D
    agreed! :D

Nice ad, but hate how it's linked to Vodafone.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,598 ✭✭✭cashback

Anyone else find this ad a bit sad? Every time it shows the two mayflies sitting on the leaf looking at the moon I always see an imaginary follow up scene in my head. The sun is rising and the camera pans slowly sideways to reveal the two flies slumped over each other and some syrupy music playing in the background. And I get a lump in my throat.
    Then I remember it's just an ad for bloody vodafone.
    Still, I look forward to the directors cut.

Advertisement