Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Merc CLK 200 Kompressor?

Options
  • 28-10-2005 4:17pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 931 ✭✭✭

Folks,

I'm considering getting one of these babies (let's just call it a mid life crisis:p ) and I was wondering if any of you have opinions on the car and the likely issues etc.?

Specifically interested in anything since 2002 (model change). Thanks.

c0y0te

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 724 ✭✭✭ubu

Id get a honda s2000 if i were you, perfect for the mid life crisis, and a lot more entertaining than the clk and pretty much the same price.

http://carzone.ie/usedcars/index.cfm?fuseaction=car&carid=311682

• Registered Users Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭lomb

ubu wrote:
    Id get a honda s2000 if i were you, perfect for the mid life crisis, and a lot more entertaining than the clk and pretty much the same price.

http://carzone.ie/usedcars/index.cfm?fuseaction=car&carid=311682

pricey that tbh...
    they are only 21 stg new in the uk from motorpoint...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,038 ✭✭✭stratos

Mid life crisis installed and running.

I find the merc clk 200k to be a very disconnected drive.
    I have driven many bmw's and always loved the tight responsive handling of these cars.
    The steering of the clk offers little feed back, and the suspension is somewhat hard, yet leans over in corners.
    If accelerating over rough surfaces (country roads) the suspension at the rear becomes very unsettled, the esp starts cutting in and out, leading to some odd moments.

However. (and it's hard to say why but....)

This car has put a smile on my face like no other car I have owned.
    The acceleration is fantastic, the supercharger hauling you up through the gears.
    The 6 speed box gives it long legs allowing rapid late night motorway travel.:D
    The driving position is good, and it's a nice place to be.
    Looks I guess are a matter of personal taste, I think they look beautiful, like a bouncer in a good suit, aggressively elegant.

anyway thats my tuppence worth.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭HungryJoey

Something i noticed. Well a few Questions. Is the CLK 200 a 1.8L Supercharged ? I googled CLk 200 and Its appearing a 1.8L most places. I would of thought it was a 2L. is a 1.8 superchardged in a Car this size not underpowerd ?

And Do all merc's that Have komressor Badge mean they are Supercharged ? I was told by somebody else that it is just the way Kompressor Engine's are made that the Fuel/Air is mixxed at a higher compression rate Something like the Piston Rings are Thicker to Give higher compression rate = More power. But I always though it meant it was supercharged. Can somebody Clear them Question's With me.

And Car is beautiful So i have seen and the one I have been in. I really Like merc's at the moment. There Engine's IMHO are Lovely, Built well And oodlles of power even in the 200+ range.

Hj

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,038 ✭✭✭stratos

Well definitley, Kompressors means supercharged.
    The 1.8 thing I have come across. though mine is a 1998 cc, no doubt someone here will know the ansewer to that one

• Advertisement
Advertisement