Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Fake dealer service history??

Options
  • 28-10-2005 4:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 857 ✭✭✭

Just wondering if anyone here knows if it is possible to check whether a full service history is genuine.

I'm looking at a car being sold by an Irish seller, he bought it in from Glasgow and it has a full Honda service hostory (it's a 97 Civic Coupe). The mileage is 110,000, so that's why I think it could be genuine. Better to get a genuine Honda serviced car with genuine mileage than something clocked, with no FSH.

If anyone knows how I can validate the FSH, I'd be grateful, because I've heard they can be fake!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,160 ✭✭✭De Hipster

Try the dealer, they're not likely to want their name sullied by a faked FSH that they made no money out of.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭lomb

exactly, ring the dealer and ask for the serivicing dept, also they will think u may b a new customer, so they will have no probs telling u if they know the car

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,402 ✭✭✭nxbyveromdwjpg

Dagon sorry to jump a plug into the thread but if you are interested I am currently selling a 97 Civic Coupe with only 60k on the clock and Full Service History from the Honda dealer in Clonskeagh in Dublin (can be verified with them!) and very reasonably priced aswell (about 600 to a grand lower than its nearest rival in the B+S)..

Please PM me if youre interested

• Registered Users Posts: 857 ✭✭✭Dagon

Cheers nm, just sent you a msg.

Advertisement