Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Ironing is a dying art

• 28-10-2005 7:09pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,184 ✭✭✭✭

Pighead reckons its a bit of a pain in the arse, and therefore doesn't really partake in the exercise
    Seriously though who here irons anymore.With the advent of Automatic drying machines I find that my lovely brown cords and multicoloured t-shirts tend to come out more or less without creases.
    So what if there are a bit creases anyway,who wants flat clothes.
    Shut up Pighead you're just being a lazy fcuker
    WRONG!
    Hoovering?I love it,put on a few tunes in the background and i'll hoover til the cows come home?Tidying my room?not a bother.But Ironing can go to hell. IGenerally people who iron are obsessive types who when they make their beds they have to make sure there are no lumps anywhere and the pillows must be over the duvet.When they're tidying the sittingroom all the remote controls have to be lying side by side like soldiers all in a row.

Do you iron? 46 votes

No I bloody well don't
    0%
    Of course I do
    36%
    The SweeperStarkpeckerheadGoodshape^pt^super_furryBeruthielNevynCrucifixRobYkenmcEniiTar.Aldarionfunk-youKablamo!mrsberriesBosco13 17 votes
    Of course I don't,I get someone else to do it for me
    39%
    Tazzlephoenix2181misswexluckatLiquoricecregserDirtyDogtechguyTirielchickensDonkeyStyle \o/el BastardoiguanatrishhDfitzerdogg_r_69gerrycollinsnoby 18 votes
    Shut the fcuk up Pighead
    23%
    D-GenerateChucky the treeNalaShrimpCathyMoranAtmospherewheresthebeefd4gurlAisling(",)ParsleyRavage1616 11 votes

Comments

• Subscribers Posts: 16,592 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

god, that was close. nearly picked option 2 until I saw option 4...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,184 ✭✭✭✭Pighead

Yeah I know Davey,that fourth option is a blessing isn't it.Pighead loves his polls(easy now)and I've found it to be one of the more popular poll options.
    Anyway enough Pighead bashing, I know people that even iron their socks and underwear.
    I never iron anything.If something is creased it decreases itself after about an hour of wear anyway.Ironing is most definitely one of the biggest culprits of time wasting around today.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Of course I do
    Never iron if I can help it - just leave stuff to dry properly and you don't have to.

• Subscribers Posts: 16,592 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

well i iron stuff if it needs ironing, i.e. if people are going to point out you look like a pratt (although I sometimes get asked is my iron broken even after I have ironed something which is a bit depressing!) however I never make my bed and am not a tidying fan in general. As for hoovering, don't even have a hoover.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,234 ✭✭✭techguy

daveym wrote:
    god, that was close. nearly picked option 2 until I saw option 4...

Yeah....I agree although I made the mistake of choosing no.2

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 122 ✭✭EvilPixieOne

If you hadn't stuck in no. 4... I actually love ironing, it's so methodical or something... only housework I don't mind (but only cos I never do it)

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,104 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Of course I do
    Not a chance do I iron,sunshine.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,658 ✭✭✭✭The Sweeper

Of course I do
    I hate ironing. I buy non-iron clothing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

I wear T shirts 99% of the time, and they never seem to be creased as such. That said, when I am wearing a shirt, if it needs an iron, I'll do it. I pretty much don't mind doing anything as long as I've got some music going at the same time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,959 ✭✭✭Nala

Shut the fcuk up Pighead
    I still live at home so my mammy does my ironing for me!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,807 ✭✭✭✭Orion

what's an iron?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,951 ✭✭✭✭Zebra3

I do and I resent the fact that I have to.

I'm crap at it!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,645 ✭✭✭Shrimp

Shut the fcuk up Pighead
    Nala wrote:
    I still live at home so my mammy does my ironing for me!
    exactly..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 879 ✭✭✭Kablamo!

Of course I do
    sure why the **** would i, the clothes only get creased during the day.
    ironning is a load of me hole.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,383 ✭✭✭peckerhead

Of course I do
    I chose option #1 before seeing option #4... :D

(1) Ironing is for the birds. I know, believe me.
    (2) Whoever feels they really, really need their things ironed should DO IT THEM-F*CKIN'-SELVES, not ask their mammy/daddy/Maria-the-underpaid-servant to do it for them.
    (3) Grown-ups (and other living things) who need to/feel the need to wear ironed-looking clothes should either buy drip-dry — I'm a BIG fan! — or heed #2 above.

So there...!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 165 ✭✭chickens

NON-IRON CLOTHES!!!! where?!?

I don't mind ironing actually, if only takes a few minutes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,916 ✭✭✭✭iguana

People who hate ironing should make sure to never put their clothes in the washer/dryer as they head out to work. You get the kind of creases that take a lot of effort to get out because when the cycle ends the clothes all bunch up while hot and stay that way for hours. Most clothes when drip dried or removed immediately from the dryer dont need to be ironed.

I only ever iron something if I take it out of the wardrobe to wear it and sees that it needs it. I think that's pretty much the norm right now. The days of ironing a big pile of laundry seem to be over for most of us.

That said, I wouldn't mind getting a steamer if I could get one cheap enough. Those things are miraculous.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 745 ✭✭✭misswex

I iron something if it needs it. Would never iron a big pile of laundry all at once and can't understand people who iron their socks, towels, sheets etc. - makes no sense to me. Have ironed my own clothes since I was about 14, Mum decided we were old enough to do it ourselves and she was right.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 887 ✭✭✭wheresthebeef

Shut the fcuk up Pighead
    i dont do my own ironing. but i dont ask for it to be done either.
    i put all my clothes in a box in the bathroom and they get left on my bed a few days later. sometimes they get ironed, sometimes they dont. either way, beggars cant be choosers. the only thing i would iron is my uniform, cos in work ya gots to look good or they'll fire your sorry ass.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,743 ✭✭✭funk-you

Of course I do
    If your shirt is creased and you're headin out just throw it on a hanger hanging of the back of the shower-room door, when you get out of the shower-hey presto-an uncreased nicely steamed shirt.

I'd agree with Kablamo! though- ironing is a load of me hole.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 51 ✭✭trishh

I have to cause no-one else will !

Advertisement