Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Red Dwarf actors

• 28-10-2005 7:27pm
    Hosted Moderators Posts: 11,362 ✭✭✭✭

Does anyone else find it really hard to watch the actors from Red Dwarf in anything else without thinking of their Red Dwarf characters? I was watching Blade 2 recently and once I figured out that one of the vampires was Danny John Jules, I couldn't take him seriously because all I could think of was the 'Tongue Tied' dream video sequence!!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,432 ✭✭✭Steve_o

Craig Charles is in coronation street and its impossible to take him seriously...i keep waiting for him to say "smeg"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,634 ✭✭✭Kolodny

Robert Llewellyn hosting documentaries is funny as his mannerisms are still exactly like Kryten's.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 916 ✭✭✭MicraBoy

Robert Llewellyn dressed as Kryten would have been way more appropriate for presenting Scrap Heap Challenge :v:

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 11,362 ✭✭✭✭Scarinae

Craig Charles is in Coronation Street?! What type of character does he play?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 202 ✭✭Anto and Moe

There acting carreers have gone to smeg!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,432 ✭✭✭Steve_o

Fishie wrote:
    Craig Charles is in Coronation Street?! What type of character does he play?

He's a Taxi driver who works for Steve McDonald, not sure of his character name!

He presented Robot Wars aswell didn't he?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 451 ✭✭Gross Halfwit

Check out www.imdb.com for full filmographies.

In corrie he is called Lloyd Mullaney. I also think he was in Dream team but its not on imdb.com. Weird...?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,082 ✭✭✭Nukem

Chris Barrie is he doing some Discovery Channel program on giant machines. Its very good actually he gets to drive some unreal machines:D

Craig Charles is in Corrie:rolleyes: brings some great some fresh looks to "the street" if not his crappy handbreakinf skills or lack of.

Robert Llewellyn didnt they start a new british scrap heap challenge recently?

Danny John-Jules i really dont know. Last thing i remebmber is Blade II and a few crummy parts in movies but nothing of real notice. Anyone shed any light?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,295 ✭✭✭jonnybadd

Not very much at all it would seem

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0424253/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,842 ✭✭✭steveland?

jonnybadd wrote:
    Not very much at all it would seem

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0424253/
    DJJ was in Labyrinth?

:v:

• Advertisement
  • Hosted Moderators Posts: 11,362 ✭✭✭✭Scarinae

steveland? wrote:
    DJJ was in Labyrinth?

:v:
    As far as I remember he was just doing the voice of a puppet, I think it was one of those orangey red things which could remove its head

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,618 ✭✭✭Civilian_Target

lol! They aren't great actors to be fair, their hammy style suits Red Dwarf perfectly, gives it a lot of personality, but it's not really amazing acting or anything - Chris Barrie and Chloe Annet are the only ones who do a really sound job of acting in the entire thing IMO.

Kryten is really suited to Scrapheap challenge though IMO, but Craig Charles always looks a bit wooden on Robot Wars, Jeremy Clarkson definitely did a better job of that, but I guess he's a bit expensive to hire these days...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,598 ✭✭✭ferdi

i thought Chloe Annet was ****e...but i had a crush on her

• Closed Accounts Posts: 451 ✭✭Gross Halfwit

Im sure we all remember Chris Barrie in Tomb Raider. Only good thing in the movie besides Angelina's "Jolies"...if you pick up what Im putting down?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

Fishie wrote:
    As far as I remember he was just doing the voice of a puppet, I think it was one of those orangey red things which could remove its head

FYI, the guy who played Queeg also played one of those guys. Keep it under your hat though. :)

Advertisement