Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Need help finding jeans

• 28-10-2005 7:43pm
    Hosted Moderators Posts: 11,362 ✭✭✭✭

I find shopping for jeans the most irritating thing in the world, because it's so hard to find ones I actually like. However I'm down to one pair of jeans at the moments - I broke the zip on one pair and have a big hole in the left knee of the other - so I need new ones.
    Flares are the style that suit me best, because I have hips - however I need a leg that's at least a 36". The most common problems I have are that the leg is too short, the hips aren't wide enough or else the hips are wide enough but the waist is HUGE. Anyone know where I can get jeans that would suit me? I would really, really appreciate any suggestions because even the thought of jeans shopping makes me want to collapse with exhaustion

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,382 ✭✭✭✭AARRRGH

This won't help, but I think "miss sixty" or something jeans on girls are HOT.

Do they fit you?

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 11,362 ✭✭✭✭Scarinae

Never tried them actually, but I have a gorgeous purple Miss Sixty top. What sort of figure do they flatter?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,382 ✭✭✭✭AARRRGH

Well, my girlfriend looks great in them. She is "normal" height for a girl, quite slim (athletic) but she has a big ass (in a good way.)

So I guess they normal girls with good arses????

(sorry, I know nothing about clothes really.)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,386 ✭✭✭Attol

Have you tried Zara? The fit of trousers in there for me goes along the lines of fitting my rather generously proportioned hips, ass and thighs well but then being about a foot too long at the leg. They're a Spanish chain(I think) so tend to flatter tall people with hips and asses.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,959 ✭✭✭Nala

I got a gorgepus pair of flared jeans in No Name in Maynooth for €15.
    The legs are very long, easily 36". I'm 5'9" and the legs go well over my runners.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭dundalk cailin

what bout new look? i got a great pair of jeans last week, i find it v hard to find a pair that fit, cos iv an ass n thighs!! also vero moda, tho im 5 6 n i needed the long for me!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,240 ✭✭✭Endurance Man

Why not go to that Tk Max place. Had to go find my sister in there a while ago and nearly lost the plot :eek: , they have so much of everything. If you cant find jeans in there i dont no. :v:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 538 ✭✭✭~Leanne~

River Island and Miss Sixty are the best fitting jeans around!
    Might be slightly expensive but they look amazing

what size do miss 60 go up to? im a 12 some places, 14 others, depends?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭Binomate

Try find a slim fitting pair of jeans sized W32" L36". Looked all over town today and couldn't find a pair any where. I'm only a L34 but, I want mine to crumple over the tounges of my shoes, yet still be very slim. The 80's were the best for jeans imo.

• Advertisement

i dont like slim fittin jeans, prefer bootcut or flare

I adore flares! Anyway yeah I got myself some Nope jeans which are great because they're actually possibly too long, a novelty for me because even when I'm wearing 36" jeans you can still see my socks when I sit down

ah my friend is 5'11, she has a disastrous time trying to find trousers, she always ends up gettin the hems takin down

• Registered Users Posts: 1,151 ✭✭✭beanyb

Miss Sixty jeans are great fitting around the ass and thighs but are way too long on me. (I'm 5'4) So if you're short, stay away from them!

sounds promisin for me ;)

Would Miss Sixty still fit well around the ass and thighs if you have possibly the most child-bearing-suitable hips of all time? And it's not as if they're wide because of excess fat, I can't squish into smaller jeans, it's actually my bone structure (oh the humanity... if only there was a safe way of reconstructing my pelvis so I'd fit into more stuff...) Oh and I have a small waist

^^ me too, head wreckin shoppin for trousers :mad:

I spent another €200 in town today. I found pleanty of nice pairs of jeans in TK max. It's such a great shop. I got a pair of tommy jeans for €30.00. They were originaly €125.00. I got another pair of Levis red tab worth €75.00 for €27.99 and I got a pair of wranglers for €30.00, originaly €80.00. Best shop in the world.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,584 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

Binomate wrote:
    I spent another €200 in town today. I found pleanty of nice pairs of jeans in TK max. It's such a great shop. I got a pair of tommy jeans for €30.00. They were originaly €125.00. I got another pair of Levis red tab worth €75.00 for €27.99 and I got a pair of wranglers for €30.00, originaly €80.00. Best shop in the world.
    maybe the case, but i find it's the worst shop to go into everything is all over the place.

i suppose if you want the bargain bad enough...

Cremo wrote:
    maybe the case, but i find it's the worst shop to go into everything is all over the place.

i suppose if you want the bargain bad enough...
    That's why I love it so much. You feel even better about finding something great because it was even harder to find. It's like there are hidden suprises in there.

• Advertisement

TK Maxx is probably great if you have the patience to look, but I hate shopping as it is and I can't stand it. I've found some great stuff in there when I'm with friends who are more enthusiastic shoppers though

Advertisement