Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

hurghada? anyone dived there??

• 28-10-2005 7:43pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 910 ✭✭✭

just booked myself for a weeks diving with emperor diving in hurghada

anyonev dived with this crowd before?

if so what are they like?

is there any particularly good site to dive around there that i should ask to be brought to?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,683 ✭✭✭daveg

Where in gods name is hurghada?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,683 ✭✭✭daveg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 910 ✭✭✭rick_fantastic

yea its in eygpt....

just found out of the travel agent that we have to fly to luxor and stay the night and then a 4.5hr bus journey to get to the resort! and same on way back so we lose 2 days from the holiday! checking out direct flights via gatwick and an overnight in gatwick

god what a pain in the ass

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,758 ✭✭✭Peace

Tony Blackhurst holidays might be able to sort you.

http://www.scuba.co.uk/

• Registered Users Posts: 256 ✭✭patto_chan

Been to Egypt a few times - great diving.
    Never did a shore based holiday - always on a liveaboard. I think if you're on land the temptation to stay out late partying is too great and so you can wind up missing dives the following day.

I think Emperor Divers are well known. In Hurghada you can dive the wreck of a minesweeper (El Mina) in the harbour, the Giftun islands are nearby (I think) offering reef dives and - if possible - I recommend a trip to the wrecks of Abu Nuhas reef.

If your flight to Luxor is direct from Ireland I wouldn't be so hasty to change it. Arranging flights through Gatwick may require a stopover there both on outwards and return legs - it depends on the time of the flights. And arriving in Luxor might give you a few hours to check out the ancient sites.

• Advertisement

the route im gonna take is fly to gatwick stay the night in the airport and then fly direct to hurghada the next morning.

then do the same on the way back.

not really too interested in seeing the ancient sites, more interested in not losing 2 days diving

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,134 ✭✭✭Moanin

I was in Hurghada 6 years ago and stayed in The Hilton Resort.Emperor Divers are at the beach at the bottom of the hotel. I am a 2 star Club CMAS diver and I did 4 dives with them.They are top class.They have lovely cruisers which can take approx 20 divers.You will leave early in the morning (8ish) and return at around 6 after doing 2 dives.They are very safe to dive with and run an excellent buddy service.I remember the first dive I did with them.It was amazing.It's literally like jumping into an aquarium.The colours and Clarity of the water are amazing.You will really enjoy it.I think I paid $100 for 2 dives.This included all gear and lunch.

I'd love to go back there!

nice 1. cant wait to go. im bring gear with me.

going to cost 150euro for 5 days diving

Advertisement