Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Buying Bullets

Options
  • 28-10-2005 8:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,142 ✭✭✭

can i buy bullets over the net, i currently have 2 shotguns and 2 rifle's a .22 and a .22 hornet. the cost of a single round for the hornet is aprox 1 euro, to buy them on the net would cost about 10 cent:eek: can anybody help?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 Sniper220

hi
    as far as i know you can not:mad: I have checked this one out with a mate of mine who is a firearms dealer in the uk and they cannot send ammo by ups or post out of the country. you think €1 for .22 hornet is bad try €2 for 220swift thats €40 for a box of 20 rounds:eek:

Hopefully someday when were grey and old we will be aible to Reload!:)

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rew

Sniper220 wrote:
    Hopefully someday when were grey and old we will be aible to Reload!:)

Very soon by all accounts.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 197 ✭✭FLAG

Hi Folks, reloading is part of the Firearms Amendments in the CJB as soon as it is enacted relaoading will be recognised and the grey area that it has been for so long will be history, there will be a requirement to get a license of sprts to reload but I would ecpect being a liscence holder for a reloadable calibre will all be that is sufficient. The difficulty with respect to relaodig in the past has had more to do with the 1875 explosives acts than the Firearms Acts, bottom line is that currently one could be prosecuted for posession of powder and primers, given the wrong judge on the day one could end up with a criminal conviction, this will be resolved when the CJB comes into force which is likley no later than March 2006, nothing to stop individuals getting all of the reloading gear for Christmas, check out Outdoor Hobby and stock up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,194 ✭✭✭Trojan911

PM,

It's a no no. I rang a place in Dublin this morning enquiring about shipping .223ammo down to me in Cork & they said "not allowed". Same with the USA & the UK...........

TJ911...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,330 ✭✭✭NeVeR

If your not allow post ammo. how do the shops get it?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 21 Sniper220

Because they have a special licence as firearms dealers:)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,057 ✭✭✭civdef

Shipping ammo in the post isn't allowed because of postal regulations. Legally there's little to prevent it once the consignee has the proper licence. If someone was bursting to spend money, they cxould have it shipped by one of the commercial carriers who accept ammo (most of the big ones don't).

• Registered Users Posts: 40,038 ✭✭✭✭Sparks

I guess it's not too inconsistent with crowds like SDS shipping rifles (one of the more surreal moments has to be when the postman taps on your door and hands you two rifles...) given that the carriers probably know very little about ammunition and would be thinking that if they drop a case of the stuff, they'll have a thousand rounds of .50 cal going off in the back of the van...
    *sigh*

Still though, with An Post's current backlog problems, you'd get the stuff faster if you walked to Dublin to collect it :D

Advertisement