Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone in L&H or LawSoc?

Options
  • 28-10-2005 10:25pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭

(NOTE: The subject should have mentioned something about being in authority in either of those socs!)

Hey dudes,

I sent an email to the L&H auditor, but I thought I'd post this here too, in case it helps!

George Galloway, my favourite politician:D, is on the Late Late Show now -- so he's in Ireland! One of you guys should try and get him to come be a speaker or be in a debate! I'd say it'd get a good few people in, cos he's pretty controversial.

Any thoughts? G'wan! :D

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 137 ✭✭Economaniac!

hey, as far as i know the L&H and Lawsoc send out invitations to the college before the year starts like during summer, especially for high profile guests. It takes quite alot to get guests to come in, lots of shaking hands, shall we say. Anyway, i'd say lawsoc or l&h wud have had to know about george galloway about 2weeks or a month ago to launch any bid to get him in. But it wud have been great to get him in, it definately would have filled theatre L more than once

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

:(

Thanks anyway...:(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,151 ✭✭✭beanyb

The L&H had him last year for a Bush vs Kerry debate. He was pretty entertaining!

no way :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 141 ✭✭Young Siward

errr the last time he was here, ye auld gent Richard Waghorne started throwing abuse at him. There was talk of lawsuits...so he won't be back.

• Advertisement

Why did he start throwing abuse at him?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭Waltons

errr the last time he was here, ye auld gent Richard Waghorne started throwing abuse at him. There was talk of lawsuits...so he won't be back.
    Good old Richie...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

Richard is lovely.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭snickerpuss

I don't like him but if you fancy seeing him i think hes doing "an evening with george galloway" type affair in the national concert hall.
    Probably expensive.

I had a search for that on google and the NCH website and couldn't find anything... I'll keep my ears open, if you hear anything more feel free to post it, thanks :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭snickerpuss

It was in the last brochure they sent to me so if you download the brochure from their website then it'll be in there, otherwise i'll have a root for it when i get home and post it up for you.

Advertisement