Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

o2 sim packs from phone packs sold separate

• 28-10-2005 11:49pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,820 ✭✭✭

Is it legal to sell the sim cards coming with an upgrade or ordinary prepaid phone separate? Like the o2 sim with up to 70euro.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,212 ✭✭✭wba88

y not?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,473 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

Why would you want to?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

No sims come with upgrade packs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

flodis79 wrote:
    Is it legal to sell the sim cards coming with an upgrade or ordinary prepaid phone separate? Like the o2 sim with up to 70euro.

an upgrade pack is for existing o2 customers, i.e. it doesn't come with a sim card. the sim packs you can buy separate cost €10 come with €30 credit spread over a few months

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,820 ✭✭✭flodis79

Because i have seen people doing it on ebay.. It was not an upgrade pack (sorry for the error in previous post..) but a pack that gives 70 euro.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 29,473 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

The problem is that the poor sucker that buys the phone can't unlock it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,553 ✭✭✭wolfman

Bond-007 wrote:
    The problem is that the poor sucker that buys the phone can't unlock it.

The phone????????????
    He is on about selling the sim card, OR the upgrade pack with no sim

Thats my understanding of the post anyway.

If this is the case, I dont see why you cant sell them on. Only thing is, the credit is paid back by the network in staged payments, so you pay big money upfront and have to wait a few months to get all the credit

• Registered Users Posts: 1,750 ✭✭✭ghostchant

But if was sold for say 50 euro, then having to wait for the credit to be applied over a number of months would be a fair compromise.
    Also, would the person bying it have to already be an o2 customer, as they'd have to register it online to claim the credit?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,820 ✭✭✭flodis79

As I understand it, the seller of the separate E70 packs sell on also the phones the sims came with, on eBay.. The phones can be unlocked of course, Nokia remote unlocking codes or through data cable. Has nothing to do with o2, if you don't wanna waste your money and get the unlocking code from them after 1 yr, and really no need to do it cos private unlocking much cheaper.

Advertisement