Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Milan Check on Neill

• 29-10-2005 12:14am
    Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭

http://home.skysports.com/list.asp?hlid=320675&CPID=8&clid=&lid=&title=Milan+check+on+Neill
    Italian giants Milan are tracking Blackburn defender Lucas Neill.

The Australian full back has emerged in recent seasons as one of The Premiership's most consistent defenders and his talents have not gone unnoticed.

A number of rival Premiership clubs including Arsenal, Newcastle and Middlesbrough are understood to be monitoring Neill.

However, Milan are now believed to be keeping a close check on Neill - who has 20 months left to run on his current deal at Ewood Park.

"Yes we have fielded a number of enquiries, but that is to be expected given how Lucas has been playing," his agent Peter Harrison confirmed to skysports.com.

"He is currently very happy at Blackburn and is looking forward to next month when he will try and help Australia to the World Cup finals.

"He has just over a year left on his current deal at the moment and we will have to see what develops."

Milan are believed to be checking on prospective replacements for Brazilian veteran Cafu and Neill is believed to be one of those now under consideration.
    lol! One of the more bizarre stories I've seen on SSN recently.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

I had to check and make sure it wasn't April 1st there...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

Neill is a good player for Blackburn. Everyone seems to forget it though because he has a habit of picking up yellow and red cards.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

I have him in my FF team and he picks up plenty of points. Its just bizarre that Milan of all clubs are tracking him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,473 ✭✭✭Roddy23

Could just be a touch of the Ronnie O'Briens, Middlesborough to Juve!!

Roddy23 wrote:
    Could just be a touch of the Ronnie O'Briens, Middlesborough to Juve!!

Or Gattuso? Who'd believe that he once played for Rangers now.

Maybe Milan just want a no-nonsense right back who has no problems getting forward to get in the odd cross or two.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

He won't be signed by milan, they already have a right back lined up (and if roumer be true signed) for januray.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 620 ✭✭✭Spider_Baby!

Who, cicinho??

Felipe from Udinese is the name being thrown around the supporters boards from the people with "insider info" and some of them are fairly accurate most of the time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Lemlin wrote:
    Or Gattuso? Who'd believe that he once played for Rangers now.

Maybe Milan just want a no-nonsense right back who has no problems getting forward to get in the odd cross or two.

Gattuso played for Rangers?? WHAT THE ****!? :eek:

For two years on a loan/co-ownership/work release thingy... wasn't owned by milan but was contracted to rejoin them afetr 3 years or somehting weird, similar to the Della bona thingy where he was playing for chelsea but also contracted to join milan..

• Advertisement

The ways its going people will someday think: what the ****, Inter Milan paid £13 million for Robbie Keane!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,963 ✭✭✭SpAcEd OuT

^^^^

That was when he had potential though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 374 ✭✭meepmeep

cheesedude wrote:
    Gattuso played for Rangers?? WHAT THE ****!? :eek:

http://www.123football.com/players/g/gennaro-gattuso/

Has said many a time that he credits Walter Smith and Rangers for making him the player he is now.

Well loved in Glasgow....

meepmeep wrote:
    http://www.123football.com/players/g/gennaro-gattuso/

Has said many a time that he credits Walter Smith and Rangers for making him the player he is now.

Well loved in Glasgow....

Another great move by Dick 'the Dope', as RTE labelled him on one occassion - selling Gattuso because he didn't like him in his team!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,399 ✭✭✭✭Thanx 4 The Fish

I will gladly take bets today that Lucas "Hacker" neill is never going to play for Milan. He does a job for blackburn but they are conceding more than a goal a game, how the defenders cannot be blamed for that is beyond me.

He has played ten prem games this season and has received 4 yellows and a red too, a liabilty for any team, players have to stay on the pitch to have a good game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,390 ✭✭✭galwaydude

milan wont sign him, then again stranger things have happened. Their sub goalie used to play with leicester many moons ago.

I read somewhere that the brazilian right back will sign for them in jan as he wants to play with kaka and learn from the master himself cafu.

I will gladly take bets today that Lucas "Hacker" neill is never going to play for Milan. He does a job for blackburn but they are conceding more than a goal a game, how the defenders cannot be blamed for that is beyond me.

He has played ten prem games this season and has received 4 yellows and a red too, a liabilty for any team, players have to stay on the pitch to have a good game.

Blackburn have kept 4 clean sheets out of 11 games in the league this season. They let in 1 goal in two games, against Man United and Fulham, but they won both those games. That's 6 games out of 11 where the defence have contributed very successfully to the team's result.

The defence has also been improved hugely since the start of the season with the addition of Zurab and the dropping of Dominic Fatteo, as he is affectionately known by the Blackburn fans.

Lucan Neill does exactly what he says on the tin. He'sno nonsense, can defend and has no problems getting forward. And for the two million we paid for him those many years ago, he's been a very sound investment.

galwaydude wrote:
    milan wont sign him, then again stranger things have happened. Their sub goalie used to play with leicester many moons ago.

I read somewhere that the brazilian right back will sign for them in jan as he wants to play with kaka and learne from the master himself cafu.

Thats the roumer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

Seaneh wrote:
    For two years on a loan/co-ownership/work release thingy... wasn't owned by milan but was contracted to rejoin them afetr 3 years or somehting weird, similar to the Della bona thingy where he was playing for chelsea but also contracted to join milan..
    I thought it was just a normal contract at Rangers who owned him 100%.

Before the Celtic game he gave Celtic a bit of a slagging but it was all in good humour. He's one of the few ex-Rangers players that is liked by most Celtic fans. His girlfriend is a Celtic fan.

eirebhoy wrote:
    I thought it was just a normal contract at Rangers who owned him 100%.

Before the Celtic game he gave Celtic a bit of a slagging but it was all in good humour. He's one of the few ex-Rangers players that is liked by most Celtic fans. His girlfriend is a Celtic fan.

A website I read said Advocaat didn't like him in his team and sold him to Salernitana (or however you spell it!) so looks like Rangers did own him as you put it!

• Advertisement
Advertisement