Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

October Fest in the Well

Options
  • 29-10-2005 1:22am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,780 ✭✭✭

Anybody else go to this yet? I went along at 5 today and had a great time. Survived though 3 different sets of drinking buddies, including one set of complete random's who thought I would think them strange. Almost cute really, seeing them try to freak me out :) One of them looked like the twin (except younger) of a guy from the Beverly Hills Cop movies, Bronson Pinchot (Serge).

I have to say, I was well impressed with the variety of drink. Had loads of different drinks but my favourite would be the apple beer and I'm looking forward to trying some more tomorrow. The food was nice too, you could buy burgers and hotdogs from their bbq. My only gripe was that some of the prices were a bit on the expensive side. You could be paying up to 6 euro for a pint and the all the bbq food was 3 euro. Maybe its just me but I think that's a bit much. Overall though, it was a good night! :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

I've departed from the banks for the weekend in favour of Dublin. I hope that all of you in Cork enjoy yourselves though

• Registered Users Posts: 3,329 ✭✭✭radiospan

The BBQ was great all right, I don't think everyone knew it was there though.

Good beers too of course.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

Was it packed John?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,780 ✭✭✭JohnK

It was pretty empty until about 8~8.30 but after that it got fairly packed. One of my sisters friends tried getting in at 9.30 but there was a queue outside and a one out one in policy was going on. That seemed to have cleared up by about 11 though.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

Dammit, I don't mind pubs being packed so much if they're relatively quiet when I get in (so I can get hammered and not care about the crowds later).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,780 ✭✭✭JohnK

You could go early. I'd imagine most people wont hit the place till about 6 or 7 tonight.

Advertisement