Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CoV is live

Options
  • 29-10-2005 5:15am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,285 ✭✭✭

As title really. Went live 10minutes ago.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

It tells me that my serial code cannot be used until Oct 31 2005 02:01AM Central time...

That's a bit lame...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,285 ✭✭✭Smellyirishman

I guess I should have stated that that was the 2 day pre-order live.

Went really really live this morning.

lvl 23 Plant/Ice dominator.

I guess I should have stated that that was the 2 day pre-order live.

Went really really live this morning.

lvl 23 Plant/Ice dominator.
    Level 23 already? Someone's had a busy weekend.

I have a level 9 Mastermind... I love my little robots.

Indeed it was a hectic weekend :).

Fairly easy with a good villain group.

Man 4 robot MMs on a team is torture, especially in the sewers, good luck getting through ANY doors :D.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

Character transfer is now active as well. I am contemplating moving to EU server. Whats the most active that I can get into a SG with some raiding?

• Advertisement

Man 4 robot MMs on a team is torture, especially in the sewers, good luck getting through ANY doors :D.
    It's funny when you are trying to sneak around and not attract a mob and they're trundling along behind you and jumping 50ft in the air to get up a simple set of stairs.

My characters name is Melchizdek by the way... up to level 12 now. My robots are called Bender, Flexo and The Crushinator.

I've been using the Defiant Server which is the one I've always used for CoH. It's very busy... never have any trouble finding a team and I've joined a fairly active super group, certainly the most active I've ever been on anyway... The base is a bit naff so far though.

Ah, I play on Virtue (US) with probably the largest single SG in the game.

Our base has been coming along slowly, we have power,control,workshops and teleports for 4 zones.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,339 ✭✭✭✭LoLth

I'm thinking of moving from the US servers to the EU ones. Defiant sounds interesting.... tbh, I hate kiddies in online games. Worse, I hate obnoxious kiddies and it is unfortunate that US servers just seem to have more obnoxious kiddies than the EU ones.... (by kiddie I mean the ones that whine and moan, I've grouped with several character controlled by players a lot younger than myself but you'd never know it from their attitudes) (imho, WoW was the *worst* i have ever come across for whinging kiddies....).

Defiant might be a good choice. maybe get a decent sized boards group up and running? :)

Played bloody bay last night as a hero. PvP was fun and the missions were nicely tough. I like the patrols of arachno robots and soldiers. means you have to observe and time attacks or you end up fighting twice the numebr you intended. The meteorites were easy (i still had the super stealth from the patrol mission).

Cant wait for my copy of CoV to arrive, those stalkers do great work in PvP and the corruptors pretty effective too. Had fun picking off a MMs ninjas with sniper rifle :)

I'm up to level 19 now... not long to go before I can get a cape for my villian.

I saw someone on the server today that was level 40... what has that person been doing with their life for the past week?

• Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

If you installed US COV you cannot move to the EU servers it seems. (I tried).

I finally got to go at the weekend. Villian end I am still pretty much noobish.

Tried my PB in Sirens call and totally owned there. Only one person was able to kill me 3 times and each time was while I was PvE, not PvP. Stalker taking an easy kill. One idiot TP foe me right into the enemy base, only put me in a place where nothing would attack me. So I beat the pulp out of him.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,339 ✭✭✭✭LoLth

I have an EU CoV so cant update my CoH account until it gets transferred... which they had problems doing with some other accoutns so they have put the transfers on hold so I dont get to play CoV aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah!!!!

Had a go at PvP in bloody bay. I was suprised at how many kills I got with a lvl 22 blaster. Defiance 5x damage + sniper rifle + enrage = dead stalker as soon as he pops out of stealth :) Now *that* was a laugh :) the PvE missions were nuts!

Are the servers down this evening?

I can't get a connection to them at all... but there doesn't seem to be any mention of it on thier site.

Anyone else having problems?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,997 ✭✭✭jaggeh

so im planning on getting COV and COH tonight.......

has anyone got any good griefing tips?

;)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

A review copy of CoV is in the post. I hope its at least as good as CoH :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,997 ✭✭✭jaggeh

i got the collectors edition EU CoV, im playing on defiant.
    Level 6 MM called Hei Long, someone give me a shout :)

• Registered Users Posts: 705 ✭✭✭-Al-

I play on defiant too, im flasinator on CoH, just got CoV today, and the servers are gone down for maintenance, ill look you up when I get started, name in CoV is Darkspeid

Advertisement